My New raleigh Chopper for my Son..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratfink...
Mastershake..

Thanks for those links,
They where both awesome..

I rode with my Boy for about an hour and a half.
I just changed the bars and seat a bit after the ride..

He loves it.
And he said" Dad, let's Paint it Green"

"adda boy Dean", .... I said
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kev.

how old is your boy, it sounds like he is almost mine and rickys age

he's 9..
cut me some slack Boy's
I'm only 36. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

he had a blast on it.
He looks kinda funny sitting near The Front of the seat..with that big space between his back and the back rest.

It reminds me of when I was his age. :lol:

It looks like it's actually made fairly well from the photos.

Can't beat the vintage look too!

It's my 7 year old Girl that wants to pull all the wrenches

Kev, that's funny, my girls, seven and nine, are always buggin me for my tools. One of em is already workin on her first rat bike.

Congrats on the Raleigh, Kev! Very nice bike!

When they first were reissued I wanted to take a flight to Great-Brittain to pick one up. But customs could have made it almost twice as expensive, so I didn't.
Shortly after that I got hold of this purple original one. Working on it (still).
But it's missing a lot of (expensive) parts, it's very rusty, took more than an hour to get the sissybar out!:x

But anyway, your son will be the coolest, proud guy in the neighbourhood! :D

Here's the Chopper I restored some years ago. It was complete when I found it in the garbage. I sold it 3 years ago.

Click here for the full size image: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/17574 ... c050_o.jpg

175744611_7c3a9dc050_m.jpg

Re: Oh no!

RatFink said:
Are you saying they are on sale at Canuck tire for $151.00 ish???

(I won't be able to go to C/T without walking out with a large brown box)

I also had my eye on one...BUT to fix the 'seat' problem would cost more than the bike LOL (repop or NOS $$$)...but you know a $22 Chaingang black banana would also fix it up OK for a $150 bike.

Off to the Canandian Tire web site... :roll:

sorry Ratfink..
I missed this reply,

Yaa, it was at Ukranian Tire.
The only store locally here has 1 lefy for that price and it's the floor model,
It's REALLY scratched up so
I might go back and see if I can get it for dirt cheap.

Maybe I'll cut it up and make a matching Trailer.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have triplet, 9 year old nieces that live a mile away. When my wife told me to thin out the bikes, I took my black Dyno VFR over, thought the one triplet that's a bit of a tomboy might ride it. Everything she wants is "boy's" stuff. I figured I could ride it around with them on their bikes even if they didn't like it.

She freaked when she saw it. "Uncle Paul got me a BLACK boy's bike" , she rides it all the time now. Her other interests include an extreme desire to hunt and I'm trying to get her into cars. I can only hope my little girl is prone to this same persuasion of all things that are dirty and fun.

I'm going to try to find a 20" cantilever frame to have her "help me" build her a Rat.

Kids are awesome.

Chopper chopped

(Hangs head) I’ve pulled in the reigns on the chopper project…my quick trigger finger on the ‘buy now’ button of E-bay got me the purple sting-ray. That’s bike # 7…I have become the male version of the ‘cat lady’, only with bikes. But the bikes don’t poop and die all over the house at least…so I should not be on the 6 o’clock news.

Also…I’m just too bummed by what they did to the seat on the chopper…one of the major features of the original was the big blocky seat. COOOOoooooool. I believe this one ‘safety’ (kids can’t double) feature killed the repo…the ‘unique’rework of the seat.

I remember seeing some Brit selling repco seats for around $150 USD. Yikes. I’m not sure what a simple banana would look like. But my idea to fix up the new chopper was to drill that sissy bar, get rid of that back pad, install a simple black banana or orange sparkle banana. Up front, dial up Chaingang lowriders for a set of those really TALL ape hangers.

Now if I can just stay out of Canadian Tire til’ they are all gone…

Thanks for the comments on the Chopper guys. It lives somewhere in Ontario from what I know. I myself have a pretty decent fleet of bikes. I'm getting over 12 by now, so it's time to stop counting! Of course if my dear wife asks, I only have 10... :mrgreen:

Nice wheelie.... That is a great bike for your son to ride and for you to admire. It is too bad they didnt make more 24/20 choppers like Yeshoney posted for us big kids.

nice pic with the RRB shirt on.

Back