My new ride!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first Trike! I don't know anything about it yet, but its an AMF trike looks like original paint. Needs new tires but not much cleanup to get it looking good! :)
trike3.jpg

trike1.jpg

Not sure yet if I should stick with whitewalls or red tires or all white tires or what? Suggestions?
ITs hard to see that it has a basket, but I think maybe a wooden basket would be cool too...Can I put a 3 speed hub in this thing??

i think it looks just fine with the white walls , can't see the rear set up from the pic,s but these are usually fairly easy too add a three spd. hub,,nice ride ! very clean lookin.. 8)

Looks like an axle goes to the left side and has what looks to me like a regular hub, but I could be wrong?
I think I'd like some fatter tires on it, I was thinking of sticking with whitewalls or maybe some fat all white or creme colored tires. At least fatter in the back and maybe thinner up front?

The tires on it are toast so I haven't even been able to take it around the block yet :(

Maybe next week I can get it going!!

Does anyone know anything about these trikes? What year? I've looked online a bit and can't find much out about AMF adult trikes.

I ended up putting 2.25 inch tires to replace the 1.75's that were there not the fenders don't fit. Time to modify some more I guess. I'll try to post up some pics soon.

Trikes are pretty easy to turn into three speeds. Just look up three speed trike hub on any search engine then choose the website you wanna order from. I had a really sweet Sachs three speed hub from a German delivery/factory work bike that I put on a pre war thrike many many years ago, it became such a useful and fun town bike.

The AMF trike I would place in the late 70's early 80's, but the exact same trike was marketed under several names and by several manufacturers. It's not particularly valuable or rare, but it's a sweet ride none the less.

Good score!

Thanks! I was hoping a 3 speed hub would fit. There is a shimano 2 spd hub fro around 80 bucks that may work nice. I didn't think it was too rare, but its fun to ride and the wide make a big difference. Funny how hard turns can put you on two wheels haha and then ride that way for a while its like having hydraulics two wheel motion yo! hahah

Back