my new rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up Saturday, I'm using it as my new rider. This thing rides super smooth, The only thing I would like to find is a replacemtn train light, mine has a little battery corrosion, not bad , but I'd like to replace it. Anyone got an extra????

superdeluxe.jpg

nice! monarks are my favorite. do your pedals say monark on the blocks? mine has donor pedals but im pretty sure ive seen a original somewhere with pedals that say monark. i wish i could find ANY bike in a color other then red. that blue looks purdy :mrgreen:. heres mine. the pic at the bottom of the page is the most recent pic of it minus a original monark seat i recently got. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26534&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=monark+super+deluxe&start=15

toss a pic of it in our monark gallery :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28041&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=monark+super+deluxe

t4man said:
Picked this up Saturday, I'm using it as my new rider. This thing rides super smooth, The only thing I would like to find is a replacemtn train light, mine has a little battery corrosion, not bad , but I'd like to replace it. Anyone got an extra????
Why not convert it to LED???

Yes my pedals are the original Monarks, marked Monark, although they are pretty crappy. I wish I knew how to straighten them. The shafts are slightly bent.

Is there a way to straighten the pedal shafts?

t4man said:
Yes my pedals are the original Monarks, marked Monark, although they are pretty crappy. I wish I knew how to straighten them. The shafts are slightly bent.

Is there a way to straighten the pedal shafts?
3 foot long 4"x2" square tube and someone to hold the bike steady. That's how I've done it. It's a lot easier to just swap the pedals though.

Yay another big monark found a home with us on this site, thats my fav monark, I have two of those, I ride one to work all the time and ones getting frame repairs done, it broke lol yours is fairly nice though, I suggest not ditching the light it has on it, you can get them working just fine, both mine have lights that never worked, I know how to repair them so they are like new!

Back