My new (to me) schwinn hurricane 5 + my 69 stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bought this late 70s schwinn hurricane at a garagesale saturday and just spent a couple hours cleaning it up, so i figured i'd snag a few pics to share with you nice folks :D i'll let the pictures do the talking. I got a very good deal i think :mrgreen:
28chzci.jpg

zx9l4w.jpg

2d6qich.jpg

dyx46d.jpg

25konlf.jpg

5kn9mf.jpg

30vch2e.jpg

2h4jqyh.jpg

2j1swfr.jpg

jpzejq.jpg

a few details, the blue bike is a 69 stingray, fair enough to say its a bit of a ratbike :lol: OG paint, 60s columbia playbike gold metallic seat, chain guard from a mystery hawthorne bike (would like to see pix if anybody knows which bike!) fenders are aftermarket and so is the rear slick. the hurricane is as far as i can tell totally stock :D

You found that at a garage sale! :shock: LUCKY :mrgreen: Sweet find :wink:

what is a hurricane like that worth. there is a guy in portland selling one like that for 100. is that fair?

I saw one in much worse condition than mine sell for 169$ on ebay plus 70 shipping. i bought mine for significantly less than that. but if its in good shape i reckon 100 wouldnt be too bad, couldnt hurt to try and offer a little less tho :wink:

hstavn said:
what is a hurricane like that worth. there is a guy in portland selling one like that for 100. is that fair?

I sold one in about the same condition as Triton's blue one (mine was red) for $300 this past summer. I've seen them go for anywhere from $150 to $300 but of course condition plays a big part part in price

Latest posts

Back