My new Whip!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
DSC_0118.jpg
DSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0120.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg

Picked this beast up today. pretty excited but dont know if it had a tank or not. i need 2 of these chain guards. one for this bike because this one is broken and one for my 40s Hawthorne i picked up a few weeks ago.
CAM000801.jpg

Yeah i just need to sell some other bikes just to fix this one lol.

It needs the wheels relaced and thats about it. Cruddy housepaint over the whole bike! Even the handlebars which i beleive were chrome once. Should i do a mini resto on it get the chrome back to chrome and leave all crappy paint on it or just leave as is and just get wheels fixed. I even thought about full resto...

No clue. Honestly. I think it stands for work in progress...wip. or whip because you can whip the frame around if you freestyle. I was just being silly with it.

Yeah the guy i bought it from said he was riding his daughter around when they went over a bump she went backwards but on the way down she got her foot stuck in the back wheel.....

Awesome score.... can we get a better look at how the children's seat attaches, both at the seatpost and at the dropouts? It looks like there's l'il platforms for use at footrests down there! Incredible accessory, right there....

It doesnt really attach at top. It just has a huge hole to go around seat tube. But i will post pics in a few days. When i get back to my storage. Yes. It has little foot pegs.

What do you think the valve of this bike is?

What do you think the valve of this bike is?
If I had the money and it came across my local CL?
200-350 is what id put down.
But that relies on two things. I really like the frame and its probably all I COULD put down.
That Hawthorne you picked up prior, I wouldnt sell for less than 200. Im sure their worth more than my numbers, but..

Worth is one thing, what someone will pay is another, but you know that already :p
I cant see it being worth less, to the right collector.
Hope that eases your purchase pains some!

-Jordan

Latest posts

Back