My newest build 54 schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54 Schwinn Typhoon bought it so cheap.I used the frame and used a 1 1/8 Blackops BMX fork,machined the headset,added an aluminium crank set,a fluted BMX seat post ,new set of Sta True wheels with Thickslicks,SRAM nickel chain,and a ratty renthal bars I bought for $12.I think it turned out alright,rides really good and is a light weight too.Its black,purple,red,gold and some in between the sun just sets it off.
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0136.jpeg
IMG_0137.jpeg
IMG_0138.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg

Very well done klunker. It has a lot of great features.👍

The Typhoon didn't come out until 1962, so your 54 frame was one of the 9 balloon models. You can verify if it's a 54 by the number on the left side dropout, the brake side. There wasn't much difference in the Schwinn cantilever frames over the years, so the number is the best way to tell the year it was made.
A 54 Schwinn serial number will begin with the letter L, M, N, or P, and be followed by 5 digits.

Very well done klunker. It has a lot of great features.👍

The Typhoon didn't come out until 1962, so your 54 frame was one of the 9 balloon models. You can verify if it's a 54 by the number on the left side dropout, the brake side. There wasn't much difference in the Schwinn cantilever frames over the years, so the number is the best way to tell the year it was made.
A 54 Schwinn serial number will begin with the letter L, M, N, or P, and be followed by 5 digits.
Serial number reads 1954 checked when I bought it chain guard had typhoon on it

54 Schwinn Typhoon bought it so cheap.I used the frame and used a 1 1/8 Blackops BMX fork,machined the headset,added an aluminium crank set,a fluted BMX seat post ,new set of Sta True wheels with Thickslicks,SRAM nickel chain,and a ratty renthal bars I bought for $12.I think it turned out alright,rides really good and is a light weight too.Its black,purple,red,gold and some in between the sun just sets it off.View attachment 282119View attachment 282120View attachment 282121View attachment 282122View attachment 282123View attachment 282124
Sharp looking ride

Latest posts

Back