my NH ARCH Frame find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I called the gentleman and he described the frame, I said I would be up in a couple hours. Not sure what it is and he could not remember, he used to have several old bikes, they were all taken along with scrap a couple years ago, this one remained because it was hanging from the rafters and they did not want to bother with it, It sure isn't like the scrap guys around here who will take every scrap of metal regardless.

Can anybody ID the make,
Archframe001.jpg

Archframe002.jpg

Archframe003.jpg

Archframe004.jpg

I like those arch frames. if I recall, that is the first arched frame shown here on RRB.

cman said:
I like those arch frames. if I recall, that is the first arched frame shown here on RRB.

I think Boardtrack fan (Dave) has a metallic blue one.

I love this frame, nice find Rick, it's even flat black already. :D

prewar bikes are hard to tell off hand since alot of them all had the same generic designs...
how was the badge attached?if riveted or screwed how far apart are the holes? serial # and location? pics of the drop outs are helpful as well....

I believe Iver Johnson came up with it first, but maybe didn't patent it since Schwinn, Westfield/Columbia, and others had their own similar versions. You should post over on the Cabe under pre-1933 bikes. Someone will probably recognize which one it is. -Adam

Back