MY OLD TRUCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been working on this for a little while. My grandpa gave me this 1976 chevy truck about 10 years ago, and some rust started to take over. I figured since I don't have the money to restore it why not feature the rust for what it is. I know it is old but not that old. I just gave it that hot rod/rat rod style to make it my own. I plan on always keeping this truck. It just came out of the garage last night from a 3 year nap and got it running good now.

It does have a new rebuilt 355 with the goods. Forged pistons, heads, edelbrock carb, new tranny with shift kit, and stall converter. I had it lowerd 2" all around and it really, really needs to get lower. I think it still sits way to high. Threw on some red steel wheels and some white walls and it is looking mean. I also have a 400 small block in the garage ready to be built up and thrown in. I will post up better pics later. I love this truck and it makes for a cool bike hauler!

truckpic1.jpg

yeah i agree with you on it needing to be lower(im guessing those are 15" wheels) id go about 4" more all around
if you want big bang low buck engine swap try to find a 67-69 caddy with a 472 itll fit without any huge mods(if i recall right you just need to flip the oil pan to clear the cross member) and the best part is they only weigh about 90#'s more than a sbc :wink:

Cool! I've owned a bunch of these, and currently have a 77 C10, and my project, 1970 Suburban:
beastburbandflower003.jpg
This pic was before I took off the goofy rubber trim strips off, and most of the white paint with em! ~Adam

There is just something about the box style trucks, that draws me near. One day I will build me a real rat rod. Don't get me wrong I love my truck now.
I have been debating doing air bags. But at the rate I have seen these trucks get cut on and chopped up. In another 20 years, if you have one with a good solid frame it would probably be rare.

Back