My other bikes: 1977 Typhoon and Huffy Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_5045.JPG

DSC_5372.JPG

DSC_2124.JPG

DSC_2117.JPG

DSC_2119.JPG

Cool!!! And thank you for posting the tandem.
100_1538.jpg

I got this and the guard says western flyer but the grips have the Huffy "H" on 'em. I guess Someone got creative with the rivet gun and a W/F guard!! :lol:

Very nice rides!

and Mark, my Western Flyers are actually Huffy bikes, so it could be a Western Flyer too! I have actually seen identical Huffys to my WF's, the only difference was the head badge stickers.

I really dig the older Typhoons, and that black one doesn't look too bad at all. Mine's definitely not pristine, but it's all original and too good to restore. I put a painted springer fork and whitewalls on it right after I got it to make it look older but the mag sprocket gives it away. Went back to the original fork when I moved to a city more conducive to bike riding since I was out on it all the time.

Those other Huffy/Flyer tandems are wild. ..I like seeing other ones. Seems like they're rare almost.

Oh and for anyone that might not know... "Daisy Daisy" on the chainguard is from the song "A bicycle built for two".

There is a flower within my heart,
Daisy, Daisy!
Planted one day by a glancing dart,
Planted by Daisy Bell!
Whether she loves me or loves me not,
Sometimes it's hard to tell;
Yet I am longing to share the lot
Of beautiful Daisy Bell!

Chorus:
Daisy Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle built for two !
We will go "tandem" as man and wife,
Daisy, Daisy!
Ped'ling away down the road of life,
I and my Daisy Bell!
When the road's dark we can despise
P'liceman and lamps as well;
There are bright lights in the dazzling eyes
Of beautiful Daisy Bell!
Chorus:

I will stand by you in "wheel" or woe,
Daisy, Daisy!
You'll be the bell(e) which I'll ring, you know!
Sweet little Daisy Bell!
You'll take the lead in each trip we take,
Then if I don't do well;
I will permit you to use the brake,
My beautiful Daisy Bell!!!

And to Randy (aka_locojoe), AMAZING resto. The part that catches my eye the most is the chain.

I actually thought about redoing mine in orange too years back but I can't bring myself to do that since its in decent original shape. I kinda hate it when that happens. The too-good-to-restore-but-not-mint-condition thing.

Why didn't you retain the fenders?

room203 said:
And to Randy (aka_locojoe), AMAZING resto. The part that catches my eye the most is the chain.
Why didn't you retain the fenders?

Thanks. A couple years later now I do wish I'd kept the fenders. I wanted to put balloon tires on at the time and didn't want to mess with making the fenders fit. I plan to do more work on this bike at a future time.

Back