My "other bikes", Tracey and Debbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, here are my other 2 babies

TD1.jpg

Tracey: 2008 Giant Trance 2 All Mountain bike. Aluxx butted and hydroformed aluminum frame, "Maestro" 4.2" travel virtual pivot point rear suspension, Marzocchi Bomber front fork 4.2" travel, Giant air shock, Race Face OS handlebar, FSA bottom bracket and cranks, Triple chainrings in the front, 8 speed cassette in the back,Crank Brothers egg beater pedals, aluminum seatpost, saddle from the Defy road bike, WTB wheels, Kenda Komodo tires (get flats all the time, changing them to Kenda Nevegals soon)

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

Trance2.jpg

Debbie: 2009 Giant Defy 2 road bike. Aluxx butted and hydroformed aluminum frame, carbon fork and seatpost, Giant ergo bars, FSA Crank and BB, Triple chainrings up front, 9 speed cassette, Crank Brothers Smarty pedals, Nashbar F1 saddle, Cateye Strada Cadence computer, Mavic rims, Kenda Kriterium tires. Like 1480 miles on the odo so far, I put like 75 miles a week on her!

Defy2.jpg

D1.jpg

I'm building my rat rod bike now, then I need a diamond frame buildup, then a collectible classic, then... gee once you're in it there's no stopping!
See ya out there ridin'!

Very nice machines there. Giants' Maestro 2 rear suspension is fantastic. I was thi-i-i-is closing to buying a Trance 2 identical to yours last year, but through a fortuitous turn of events i was able to pick up a Reign 2 instead. And I absolutely love it. The bike is surprisingly light for a 6" travel machine and climbs like an XC racer. Very rarely do I lock out the rear suspension. Of course in the spirit of "can't-leave-well-enough-alone", I have done a few upgrades. The stock Marzocchi fork was swapped out for a Fox Float RLC (mmmmmm-plush) and there's a set of shiny new Hayes El Caminos waiting to be installed (hopefully I'll have time to do it this weekend).

Tire-wise, the Nevegals are indeed the way go, if you thought the Trance handled good before, just wait till you get the Nev's on it :D

-Mp

Hey Multipass the Reign is a superb bike! I didn't want to go all out since most of the trails here are like mazes through the woods, very rooty, some rocks, very technical not too many elevation changes just made whoops. I'm moving to AZ soon, I really want to see how my Trance behaves there!

Back