My other bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well these are the kinda bikes I built before landing here. Been slacking off building them for a while now but might again soon. I love the original motorcycles from the late 1800 to early 1900 which were basically bicycles with motors. They sold a motor kit just like they do now that you could add on to your bike. When I first started I was doing it because of the gas prices a few years ago. At 100 to 120 mpg well it was great for getting around town. This one started life as a Sears Freespirit its the one modeled after some golfer I think...
This one is my pride and joy is my 1904 copy of an Indian Humpback
SANY3210.jpg

IN1-1.jpg

IN2-1.jpg

INeng.jpg

INhead.jpg

IndianTank.jpg

THis will hopefully be my next project thats motorized...just dont know about that fork
IMG_8460smcrp.jpg

Later Terry

That tank is cool. Did you fab that up yourself. I really like that inspiration bike.

Yea I did the tank. Only my second attempt at building one. It was not fun what so ever. I usually never go this far with my gas bikes but this one turned out pretty good so I had all the stickers made for the tank and headbadge.
This was the model for my Indian copy.
IMG_8441smcrp.jpg

Wow is that engine part of the frame? There are so many things going on that bike that i have never seen before. Thanks for the pictures

maddogrider said:
Wow is that engine part of the frame? There are so many things going on that bike that i have never seen before. Thanks for the pictures

Yea they were part of the frame I never got into why they did that and I could never figure a way to kinda copy that look. There are alot going on with them to ride them. But the tubes you see are like the magneto and have to do with the spark advance and retard. I love the linkage on these that if you notice on the handle bars theres no cables there was a linkage inside that came out by the headtube that went back to the engine...such a work of art.
1030111163m6Vu51Z1.jpg

Man i cannot figure this thing out. Is that lever beside the head tube the throttle? And whats up with the tanks mounted all over it? Have you riddin one before, if so how did it ride? I really need to see one in person verry intresting.

maddogrider said:
Man i cannot figure this thing out. Is that lever beside the head tube the throttle? And whats up with the tanks mounted all over it? Have you riddin one before, if so how did it ride? I really need to see one in person verry intresting.

No I dont think many people get to ride those they are very rare Im sure. There was an old motorcycle from that era on ebay that was starting out at 12000 but I have seen these upwards of 6 figures..
Those motors I think didnt have throttles but they advanced and retarded the spark and the other I have forgotten.

Heres a good site for looking at the old motored bikes.....http://home.planet.nl/~bertknst/motors.html

Heres the ebay sale http://motors.shop.ebay.com/rare-americ ... rom=&_ipg=
Terry

deorman said:
I don't know about that old, but later dedicated motorcycles from Indian had twist grip for both throttle and timing. At that stage of development, I'd hazard a guess that it's fuel mixture.

Yea all I have to say is that Im glad that they DONT do it like that any more....it looks like a handful...

Back