My Pedal Scraper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:lol: don't really know what to call the bike right now, but thats what it does!! :lol:
Got me a $20 huffy cruiser from swapmeet. i was so excited when i saw the bike that i didn't notice that the rear hub is kinda screwed, the wheels are out of shape. I tried making it rideable, so i can ride with my kids last summer, and we did it for few weeks. We lost interest in bike riding, left the bike sits on the yard.
What it look like when i got it, tuned a little,
bike1.jpg

been thinking of doing something like this(bad photoshop :) )
bike1a1copy.jpg

Until Excitebike show us in our car forum about his build, i then decided to do the make over.
did some cut, bend, and weld back..
DSCF0735.jpg

not content on the crank position, and i wanted to go lower more....
unweld, did more bends and weld back...
DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

yesterday, i went back to the swapment to look for a nicer wheel, no luck, but ended up getting this

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

still yet to paint the whole thing flat black, also plans on fabbing a springer fork i saw in the DIY section.

excitebike said:
:mrgreen:
thanks to you man!!! :wink:
and thanks guys!!!
anyone here SoCal, knows some good deals on rims and tires?? thinking of getting some wider ones
lmk!!!

VERY, VERY.....NICE!..........Just be careful turning.

Feralkid said:
sidsky said:
excitebike said:
:mrgreen:
thanks to you man!!! :wink:
and thanks guys!!!
anyone here SoCal, knows some good deals on rims and tires?? thinking of getting some wider ones
lmk!!!
the swap meet at vets in long beach is a good place for some deals :D
Thanks man!!! where exactly is that?? and when (day) do they held it??
i actually don't know the prices of these stuff, anyone know a nice site to go for window/price check??

NICE!!! i dig your style!
are you gonna put that fender back on? or a piece of it? might be a cool place for stripes and a way to keep the back of your shirt clean :lol:

when i saw the first pic i was like "pedal scrapper???" then i saw the second pic and i was like "ehhh, pedal scrapper.." then i saw the last pic and i was like "PEDAL SCRAPPER! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:!" nice lines. i love the look of these low reworked rear sections. nicely done sir :D

haha!! thanks guys!! yeah, i'll put the rear fender as soon as i clean up the rest of the frame. might have to spray the fender flat black, well, the rest of the frame and fork too! lol!! part of my pants actually rubs on the wheel sometimes!! :D

Uhhhh, I really like it man!!
I feel the urge to repro that one, let´s see, It would get 2587 in my bike wish list... :shock: :D :|

thanks, i think i saw that thread, but i think my rim is not true to begin with. the hub too needs major fix, last time i took it apart the bearing balls are either gone/out of shape. i was just thinking of buying a new set of wheels, but still looking on cheap deals. let me know if you find a good deal on the net.
thanks!

i have a set of wheels you can have, and a bendix hub(for very cheap) you can lace in.

stretch said:
i have a set of wheels you can have, and a bendix hub(for very cheap) you can lace in.
thanks for the offer. i'm a bit broke right now, shipping prolly gonna cost a lot, if only you're in socal :(
Rustinkerer said:
Now all you need is to find another fender so you can add it to the one there & make it lower! ~ADam
how low you think the back edge of the fender be??

Back