My Pixie Build...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a small pile of Pixies...
but this one is my Fav.
I bought it a while back for less than $15.00
I fell in love with the Rear Frame curves...

It is from the Early 70's,
so The Plan for this is to make a cool Cruiser for my daughter...
maybe a Beach Bike Style.
I might put a piece of Teak or Oak where the rear Trap area is.

The Color scheme????...I'm not sure yet.

0273.jpg

0274.jpg

Peace,
Kev.

cool bike kev! I wonder, is that handlebar, stem combo, one piece?
looks like it could get loose!?!

yustin said:
cool bike kev! I wonder, is that handlebar, stem combo, one piece?
looks like it could get loose!?!

It is a one piece deal,

I'll convert it Yustin,
I have 4 or 5 more Donor Pixies.

This is one of those bikes I have been staring at...and trying to figure
out what style / Theme / Color I am doing...

It'll come to me in a Day Dream, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'll post pic's as I go...

peace,
Kev.

Sweet kev!! Put a huge sprocket on there so your daughter can race all the boys in the neighborhood and woop em lol that would be sweet, How bout pearly pink and white with white wall tires pink rims chrome spokes pink hubs white grips seat and peddels? I dunno my 2 pennys.

ricksterr1221 said:
Sweet kev!! Put a huge sprocket on there so your daughter can race all the boys in the neighborhood and woop em lol that would be sweet, How bout pearly pink and white with white wall tires pink rims chrome spokes pink hubs white grips seat and peddels? I dunno my 2 pennys.

I was thinking along those Lines Ricky...

I also have another Banana seater Pixie for her,
so I might keep this one a Cruiser style.

with the teak, this will be an AWESOME bike. i'd go for the baby blue and wood grain for sure. maybe a mini hula girl bobbin' on the back rack. grass skirt streamers, cork grips even BAMBOO, man id LOVE to do this bike.

awesome.

p.s. bamboo flagpole

I like the way the frame sweeps around to form the back rack. Needs Teak deck routered to allow some white caulk/pinstripes like a old wood boat. Shellac the crap out of the deck and make it glossy.

Great frame. Have Fun.

Clancy

How about leaving the frame paint as-is, painting all the chrome pink, pink seat, grips, chain. Anythhing not painted blue, make pink. Pinkwall tires with a sliglty lighter tone than the wheels.

Clothespin "n" said:
I just bought 5 cans of Satin 100% acrylic Orange Craft Paint at a Clearance center for 99 cents a spray bomb...

I'll look like my Station Wagon.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I fully endorse this course of action - this will one extra cool 'lil bike. Will it be a pixie racer or a pixie cruiser though? Hmmmmmm? Either way, your daughter will be rolling in style.

-Mp

Cool, I look forward to seeing both of them.

Scary thing ---> This past weekend, I found myself in the 2nd hand shops looking for a 12" bike to pix-ify :shock:

-Mp

Back