My Pseudo Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this 2001 Trek Clyde about a year ago for $100.00 in riding condition. Came stock with a four speed nexus. Added Brooks saddle, new tires, MKS pedals and brake levers. My nephew picked it up for me in Brooklyn and had it shipped from New Jersey to Phoenix by a local bike shop. The shop really blew it. When I got the bike the dropouts were protruding from the box, there was no padding anywhere on the frame and the finish had been slightly marred from loose parts flying around. Not only that, the guy didn't send me the wheels and I had to call him about it. When I finally got the wheels, he gave me the wrong not-turn washers and I had to by new ones. Anyway, I only just recently put it back together and it rides great. I've conidered selling it but it's growing on me. I've also got a brand new 8 speed Nexus red band hub I was planning on putting on her.

2700526974_f5a19f9ecb.jpg

2700527118_365b166684.jpg

nice bike!

if you decide to sell..pm me!

Will do. There's also a totally stock one on ebay right now. Not affiliated with it just passing on info. I stumbled on it yesterday. They don't come up often.

Latest posts

Back