my rear hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check the bearing cones..may be too tight. Also make sure theyre not tightening up when you reinstall.

.. Mine does the same.. I just ride it, Daddy always said, Don't fix it if it ain't broken!

Nexus Hubs...even a Brand new one...
will ALWAYS Click...Click..Click..Click..
when in Second and Third.

It sounds like your coasting on a B.M.X.
I was told that's a Normal Noise.

This may be what your talking about.
peace,
Kev.

Oh your talking about a nexus? I cant afford them ones, Lol my coaster brake hubs clicking, Can't be good huh, ITS RIDABLE!! So its fine in my book.

Probably from doing them 60 foot+ skids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember my nexus 7 making any noise, and my sachs/sram 5 is silent and it doesn't shift into first or fifth any more. Maybe being grease packed makes them quiet.

buzzy, what hub do you have?

so you have a nexus hub? yes they do make noise the 4 speeds are rather quiet but the 7 and 8 speed hubs do make the click click sound. now then if you are feeling something in the pedals that is not good i would check to see if the hub is tight. these hubs are touchy they work very well but if adjusted wrong then ridden for a long time that way they will be toast. note to all the new 8 speed is really touchy and i dont like it at all.

karfer67 said:
so you have a nexus hub? yes they do make noise the 4 speeds are rather quiet but the 7 and 8 speed hubs do make the click click sound. now then if you are feeling something in the pedals that is not good i would check to see if the hub is tight. these hubs are touchy they work very well but if adjusted wrong then ridden for a long time that way they will be toast. note to all the new 8 speed is really touchy and i dont like it at all.

I was sorta hoping you'd be around for this post. :wink:

hehe timming is everything guesed i picked a good time to get around and fix the computer. anyways some noise is to be expected from internaly geared hubs. the one in the 7 has close to 3000 miles on it and still works great.

Back