My Rollfast Project and a few others

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this Rollfast about a year ago and have gone as far as replacing the tires, goose neck, handle bars:

image048cq1.jpg

Since the picture was taken i have gotten an nice fat black seat. A few weekends ago i stripped the paint and rusted the frame using vinegar,salt and heat for that nice surface rust look and then clear coated over the frame:

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

Pretty much all that's left at this point are new rims with white walls, some rusty fenders and pinstriping it. I haven't been able to to date it yet but the best guess i have heard so far is late 60s. If anyone is knowledgeable in Rollfast serial numbers give me a holler, I would really like to date this.

I also picked up a Rollfast for the wife. This one is in pretty pristine condition so I have no plans of refinishing it:

DSC00050.jpg

The last bit is this beast:

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

Its bits and pieces of a bunch of different bikes. I have cut it apart and rewelded it a few times trying to get the angle right for the forks. It weighs a ton, its hard as heck to ride, but its turning out pretty sweet. The hangers are bent from steel tubing with gussets welded to keep it from folding over and I've yet to find a goose neck that will take the weight, I', probably going to end up fabricating something. This will end up pretty tricked out when I'm finished (if ever).

I just picked up an early 80s Schwinn frame yesterday (unfortunately a department store version) but that may turn out getting chopped and dropped, i haven't decided yet what I am going to do with it.

for your rollfast I would get a different seat and leave it is really nice as is :D
the wifes is classy, and the beast is just awesome the bars are insane, great job :wink:

I still have the original seat for the Rollfast so i might reupholster it and use that, but the seat thats on there now, though ugly and huge, is like a lazy-boy for a bicycle and it was only $5 :)

postman said:
I still have the original seat for the Rollfast so i might reupholster it and use that, but the seat thats on there now, though ugly and huge, is like a lazy-boy for a bicycle and it was only $5 :)

haha thats great, I have to say I am guilty of buying one of those gel filled seat covers, but hay it was comfortable :wink:

Back