My son's bike - Finally finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you that know me even in the slightest way know that i am anal about things, be it the right parts, right bike or being clean and detailed. I have had this since last August and finall got all the parts I needed. The last thing being a 40 tooth sprocket, while not a Columbia original piece, it was the best I could get and it was NOS. It is a Wald replacement, which is just fine with me. Let me know what ya think of it. My son is very happy!

playbike1.jpg

playbike2.jpg

playbike3.jpg

playbike4.jpg

wow!
that is a gorgeous bike. is the paint on the frame all original or restored.
I've always loved that color.

Great bike. Looks good as new. Your son should be very happy. Those sportshifters are cool with the wooded knob.

I am naive about these bikes, but is the seat clamp at the top of the post backwards?

Answers...

The paint is the original Columbia Coppertone. It is in very good condition and just needed a nice cleaning and buffing of the the paint.

The seat clamp must be correct as it is welded to the frame :shock: I think they are all like this. I may be getting a really nice 5 speed Columbia in White as well as Columbia 3 speed Longboy in Maroon. I am digging these bikes.

Well....
I don't think I have seen someone with such attention to
Fit and Finish.

Once again,
a great Restoration....

and for those who have bought parts from Yeshoney,
you already know what I know!!!
The parts he sells are just as nice!

great build Joe,
It's beautiful!

Kev.

Awesome. This bike is beautiful ! Your attention to detail is obvious. Keeping things original and using NOS when available really makes things "pop" when a resto is finished.

Congrats,

Resto

Back