My stem wiggles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sell little sheets of brass and aluminum at most hardware stores and at hobby stores. That's what I use to make shims.

Just a foolow up, Bendix mentioned the Pyramid's being 21.1(also a 27.0 JIS crown race doable but not desirable in my view), true and it jogged my mempry of having bought one and stored it away cuz I couldn't use it with a threaded to 1 1/8 threadless adapter. Think I got it off the bay cheap but a no return policy.

Below is a Pyramid with label

IMG_0949.jpg
IMG_0950.jpg

Here's one that used to cost a bit more and ended up buying arfter I got the Pyramid but they were from a NorCal outfit, big sellers on the bay, outwardly except for the noticeable heftier leg size on the non-Payramid they appear the same down to the fork ends, got it for my Klunker project which will someday be finished has the 22.2 stem steerer tube and more desirable 26.4 mm crown race.

IMG_0951.jpg
IMG_0952.jpg

Here's the 22.2 adapter and a pic putting it in the non-Pyramid, can't get it in the Pyramid of course.

IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg

Steve if you want to try the Pyramid, PM me I'll send it to you as I won't be using it.

22.2 hl fork

good to know about that hsin lung cruiser fork! J&b (the distributor of the 'pyramid' brand stuff) has a couple inexpensive headsets that use the same bearing retainers. one has a 27.0 race and road/mtb cup size, one has a 26.4 race and bmx cup size. they're so cheap you can buy one just for the 26.4 crown race and not have to mill or file the 27.0 fork :D

The other probably is Hsin Lung no markings whatsoever though. I've had to mix and match the Pyramid heasets for some of these before. Seem to remember the cup diameters were wrong with the 27.0 race set at least for Schwinns.

socal_jack said:
The other probably is Hsin Lung no markings whatsoever though. I've had to mix and match the Pyramid heasets for some of these before. Seem to remember the cup diameters were wrong with the 27.0 race set at least for Schwinns.[/quote

i have a pyramid with a dropout that has developed a 'snapping' noise when loaded/unloaded! yikes.
good thing all this stuff is cheap...... :D

Nothing yet....it's actually been cold here lately.

Probably try the Coke can trick on Saturday...when it's back in the 60s. :D

Back