My Three Bikes - Pic Heavy -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Edit - oops. Pics are of two bikes not three. Third is on its way.**
** Link to the third: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11209 **
Hey there,
I was searching the net looking for a nice saddle for my newest rat build when I stumbled upon this site. After browsing through the gallery I suddenly felt like the little bumble bee girl who found her quirky new friends in the Blind Melon video back in the 90's. The style of bikes that I have seen so far on this site are just right up my ally.

I usually post on bikeforums.net but I think I just might become a regular over here as well.

My newest build is a bit more true to the "rat rod" style and should be done soon. I will post pics of that one as soon as its done. But for now, here are some of my other bikes. Probably a bit conservative to the rat rod crowd but hopefully you guys like'em anyway.

Retro Raliegh:
Raleigh_Retro_Lauterwasser_XX.jpg

Clubman_Path_Racer_Lauterwasser1x.jpg

Clubman_Path_Racer_Lauterwasser2x.jpg

DSC_42XX21B.jpg

Easton Sissy:

ela_easton_5.jpg

ela_easton_1.jpg

ela_easton_6.jpg

ela_easton_4.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Welcome to the forum Stepper!

You have some seriously cool looking rides...so clean and sleek! :D

Ha ha ha... Thanks rat Rod. Why do I have a feeling that clean and sleek isn't very cool over here? :p
I promise that my new build will be a bit grittier.

i was just admiring some of the bike pics in the SS/FG threads today at that other site :roll: very cool and clean bikes ya got there !!! , id ride with ya as long as i could keep up :wink:

Very nice lines on these bikes! SUper Sano! Diggin the flip flop hub out back! I had a similar idea using a MTB hub, but sadly it is still sitting :( Are those the original bars on the Raleigh, just flipped?

Joe

niiiiiiiiiiiiice! i dig the clean look. i think most ppl on this site can appreciate most different build styles, but a rat is in class all it's own! heck ive been on this site for a year or so and i still havent made a rat.........but i intend to change that soon!
fast eddie outty

yeshoney said:
Are those the original bars on the Raleigh, just flipped?

Joe

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The bars on the raleigh are Lauterwasser bars.
I got them a while back off of ebay for relatively cheap. I think I got them for around $70.00 (edit- I just realized that I paid more like $125.00 for the bars). That's a pretty good price considering what this guy is asking for: http://www.bicyclelogy.com/page/1347321

Man, that Raleigh is clean. Have you heard of Selle An Atomica saddles? They seem right up your alley, and they are one of the most comfy road seats you will ever lay your cheeks upon, plus they are only $10 more then the Brooks B-17. I have one on my Surly touring bike and friggen love it.

2436293425_82e827b694.jpg

Nice to see someone else gravitate to this forum from Bike Forums (I'm RB1-luvr over there). You will like this forum - great people and great builds. I'm so not worthy here.

That Raleigh is beautiful.

That retro Raliegh is jawdroppingly gorgeous! What can you tell me about the racks and panniers? Are they from Velo-Orange? Classy build, but I'd be afraid to leave the house with it, given that I live in bike theft alley.

Have you ever thought about replacing the grips with a short wrap of lacquered black cloth tape?

Thanks again for the compliments.
The front rack is a vintage Mini Rack that was specifically made to mount onto Mafac style brakes.
The panniers are Willie and Max motorcycle panniers that I scored for about $60.00.
The rear rack is a $14.00 Wald that has the outer rectangle hacked off:
Clubman_Path_Racer_Lxauterwasser4.jpg

are you running 700's on the Raliegh? both great lookin bikes. i like em Raliegh.

Outlaw 8)

looked liked it. pretty tight. did the bike have 26's on it or was it always a 700?

Outlaw 8)

Back