My too nice junker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After robbing a bunch of parts off this one, for other builds, I threw it together with left overs from around the shed. as a junker a could thrash around. It turned out pretty nice, so it got a fresh coat paint and a better wheelset, saddle etc lol. Still a thrasher though, can always repaint it again, or not😉
20230506_133825.jpg
20230508_121326.jpg
20230508_121319.jpg
20230508_121335.jpg

Last edited:
The bike looks good!

A Brooks saddle is just a leftover from the shed? That's a good shed. All the stuff in my storage is actually junk.

The bike looks good!

A Brooks saddle is just a leftover from the shed? That's a good shed. All the stuff in my storage is actually junk.
I've been working on thining out the collection. So I've swapped on normal seats to sell em off, and keep the Brooks.

Which wheel set do you prefer to ride? I like both, but the 700c has the edge.
I prefer the the 26 for this frame. It makes a good bomber on the fatties, as I roll through the mud over what ever and not care.
On the 700c you are looking in front all the time and picking the best line.
But I love the 700c for a fast bmx style, light off road, gravel, pavement cruiser.
I swapped them onto my 26" Monza and absolutely love it.
IMG_20230531_202048_921.jpg

I prefer the the 26 for this frame. It makes a good bomber on the fatties, as I roll through the mud over what ever and not care.
On the 700c you are looking in front all the time and picking the best line.
But I love the 700c for a fast bmx style, light off road, gravel, pavement cruiser.
I swapped them onto my 26" Monza and absolutely love it.
View attachment 235802
What size tires? Looks like a tight fit.

GTHOtrod - Both of these bikes look great! What vintage is the Schwinn middleweight? I didn't realize 700c would fit a Schwinn middleweight.

GTHOtrod - Both of these bikes look great! What vintage is the Schwinn middleweight? I didn't realize 700c would fit a Schwinn middleweight.
It is a modern made in China frame. Big difference to the schwinns of old. We didn't get those vintage schwinns in Australia. So have to make do with what we can get.

Latest posts

Back