My turn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep seeing these guys coming up with fresh finds and I've been coming up with parts bikes, nothing that great. My turn now :D . It came from Florida from a friends father who used it all the time and loved it but unfortunately the old guy passed away and my friend gave it (that reads freebie) to me today along with a mountain bike and a GT Performance BMX with mag wheels. Yes yes it's my turn.

Sears_02.jpg

Sears_01.jpg

Sears_03.jpg

Sears_04.jpg

Sears_05.jpg

Sears_KometSuperDRPDBP.jpg

From what I can tell I'm tempted to say it was a Sears bike from the early late 60's early 70's by the Sears parts code # and the Komet coaster brake. I'm thinking it was Austrian made. Needless to say it has lots of Rat potential. I'm happy with it.

Graylock

It's a mid to late 50s, like 55-7, they introduced the Flightliner frame with the pointy dropouts in58. This looks about the same as my Murray Mercury. -Adam
adamtinkererscollection015.jpg

Rustinkerer said:
It's a mid to late 50s, like 55-7, they introduced the Flightliner frame with the pointy dropouts in58. This looks about the same as my Murray Mercury. -Adam
Murray was my first guess cause it had a # on the bottom bracket that said " MU1S-X " which was above the # " MOD 502-45800 " . What was strange was the rims like my old 60's Sears with it's red pin stripe on white rims. The rear wheel was laced to that Komet Super with the letters " D.R.P. D.B.P. ". The hub made me think of the Austrian made Sears Bikes.

Also that lug thing happening under the seat, Does your Murray have that?

Graylock

The one I just stretched is the same bike. The frames are short for some reason . Well now I know what mine was. :roll:

middlebar002.jpg

Back