My Wife Hates This Already...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is George (hi George) and I stumbled across this site through random intewebtube referrals and I must say, uhm, I'm hooked.

Not so much that I'll be building any old style cruisers anytime soon (although at least two people I've sent this URL to are in the process of building up old cruisers that they found at yard sales), but I've always been into hot rods (well, cars period) and I have a box full of parts that I took off of my never ending upgrade/actual rider bike (for deets click here )

element_update.jpg

Anyway, this place has inspired me to buy a used frame from a buddy of mine who changes frames like I change socks and build up a hot rod flavored BMX bike with all of my leftover parts instead of just selling them like I was going to (because, you know, I need a fifth bike in our garage where my wife's car should be). Hopefully I'll be back with my own build to add to the fray in the coming months, but until then I'll keep being amazed by the work here.

-g

Welcome aboard!

I think you will find that most of the folks here have their hands in all things bikes so you should fit right in. :wink:

martimagico said:
welcome, i'm fairly new too. can't wait to see what you come up with!
our wives should start a club!

Actually I kid, my wife's always super supportive when I get an artistic wild hair and want to create something. Plus, of the two of us she's the more mechanically inclined, she's probably going to be the one who ends up putting everything back together. :wink:

xddorox said:
Welcome to your new addiction. Thankfully, there is no cure. :D

Thanks. I actually found this place thru your (excellent) blog (which I found thru Wired). I guess what I'm saying is that my future money and time problems are all your fault ;)

Back