mysterious bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my mom got this bike from an antique store for the amazing price of 15 bucks....its a travel bike i think but it doesnt fold up. Its got all sorts of fancy things on it, i think the crank doubles as a generator it doesnt work tho. its got drum brakes on the front and an internal 2 speed torpedo coaster brake on the back. i think its a score for 15 bucks, rides like a dream. I have no idea what it is though and I thought you guys might be able to help me.
here are some photos
mom01.jpg

mom02.jpg

mom03.jpg

mom04.jpg

mom05.jpg

mom06.jpg

so she said it would be all mine if i would restore her old schwinn spitfire....

Hmmm,Lucifer light, WOW!
Looks like the bike should come apart, whats the black knob do?
I found something on Wikipedia "Den Beste Sykkel" Norwegian Bicycle Co. (The Best Bicycle)
D.B.S., Also a punk band from Canada.
...and some other stuff...

i have no idea what the black knob does, the only thing i can think of is that it allow you to pick it up easily...the drum brake says its made in norway if that helps :p

yea the lucifer light is amazing! pity it doesnt work....yet

DBS from Norway is correct. I recognized it from the sprocket and chainguard. No I am not a pro, I bought one of these for parts. It had the drum hub on the front and F&S 3spd coaster brake on the rear. wheels were a funny size so those hubs got relaced to other wheels.

0913071754.jpg

I'll bet that thing comes apart! Before they made "folding bikes" they made take apart bikes. In the mid sixties, Sears had them, Montgomery Wards had them, Don't know who manufactured them. My guess would be Hawthorne for Sears and Wards. Nice find!

That's a sweet little bike, congrats! Too bad it cost your mom an arm and a leg... :wink:

Hugo

i got one of these exact bikes at the dump yesterday... mine is blue, and has folding baskets...
unscrew the black knob, and the bike separates into two halves...
i will try to get some pics tomorrow..

oct.

thats funny you guys just said that, because i was staring at it yesterday and it does appear to come apart there, the only problem is its stuck so with elbow grease it shouldnt be a problem, i have no need to put in 2 pieces for now tho :p

Back