Mysterious non- Schwinn OCC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was helping some friends clean out their yard last year and I found most of this bike half buried in sand, with a maple tree growing through the frame and no sign of the chrome on it because it was completely rusted at any surface that didn't have a decal on it. I fell in love with it because it was the correct color (almost everything I own is blue).

I went through a whole can of Cameo metal polish powder and half a bag of copper wool polishing the fork and tree, crankset (which is being swapped out for a black and chrome 7" (175mm) one piece crankset today) and awesome ultra long chainguard. The 3" wide 36er coaster steel rims were beyond hope and got some coats of black Krylon. It took me nearly 18 hours just to clean it!

The tires were beyond hope as well and it got a set of 3 inchers from a Jesse James WCC bike that I am changing to a 7speed and welding up it's frame (which will be a much more custom bike).

I know absolutely nothing about this bike, where it came from, when it was sold ect, though I assume it is not particularly old. I thought at worst it was a one-shot oddity, possibly a Pacific, and at best a pretty slick colored frame with a cranks-forward design.

I don't intend to paint it, as I dig the color and the scratches add character.

Does anyone know anything about a non-Schwinn OCC chopper?

IMG037.jpg

Well Orange County Choppers replied to me. Apparently they have no initial information about it, though after seeing a few pics they do believe it may be an official OCC product. The pics I sent have been sent to the licensing department and I await further correspondence.

The mystery deepens!

We've got a couple of those rolling around the FBM-GL and I know others in the FreakBike Nation have them.
Here's what I've heard .....
They were made by Pacific and are O.C.C. Not sure who branded them though. I've heard that O.C.C. doesn't claim them because they weren't endorsed by the Teutels franchise but there was still a contract that needed to be fulfilled so these bike were thrown out to the public as O.C.C.s. I think they kinda got shipped out to stores like Big Lots and other types who deal with inventory that isn't selling for one reason or another. I don't think they even made it to bike shops, Walmarts or other superstores. The Big Lots by us had them for $39.00 a few years back but many of them were already rusting on the floors and many of the tires were dryrotted. I ocassionally see one cruising the streets of Flint, Mich. I don't think they are too common but there are plenty out there ..... if they haven't been hacked into better bikes by now. These bikes (like the original O.C.C.s) will probably be worth something a few years down the road because there won't be too many left. As the young people get older, they'll remember the O.C.C. and West Coast Choppers and pay high dollars for them in 20 years
The bikes themselves are about the same quality as the West Coast Choppers. They were still a kids sized bike and not many adults can ride them comfortably and the kids can't do tricks on them, so not too many people wanted them.
I know of a couple that have been stretched or at least cutomized a little. Probably the best looking one I know of is FreakBike member PBJ's bike "Poison Ivy". I'll try to find the pics for it later tonight.

Chainsaw said:
We've got a couple of those rolling around the FBM-GL and I know others in the FreakBike Nation have them.
Here's what I've heard .....
They were made by Pacific and are O.C.C. Not sure who branded them though. I've heard that O.C.C. doesn't claim them because they weren't endorsed by the Teutels franchise but there was still a contract that needed to be fulfilled so these bike were thrown out to the public as O.C.C.s. I think they kinda got shipped out to stores like Big Lots and other types who deal with inventory that isn't selling for one reason or another. I don't think they even made it to bike shops, Walmarts or other superstores. The Big Lots by us had them for $39.00 a few years back but many of them were already rusting on the floors and many of the tires were dryrotted. I ocassionally see one cruising the streets of Flint, Mich. I don't think they are too common but there are plenty out there ..... if they haven't been hacked into better bikes by now. These bikes (like the original O.C.C.s) will probably be worth something a few years down the road because there won't be too many left. As the young people get older, they'll remember the O.C.C. and West Coast Choppers and pay high dollars for them in 20 years
The bikes themselves are about the same quality as the West Coast Choppers. They were still a kids sized bike and not many adults can ride them comfortably and the kids can't do tricks on them, so not too many people wanted them.
I know of a couple that have been stretched or at least cutomized a little. Probably the best looking one I know of is FreakBike member PBJ's bike "Poison Ivy". I'll try to find the pics for it later tonight.

Thanks Chainsaw! I saw a black a red one of these a few years ago at a New Hampshire Odd Lots store, my girl at the time wouldn't let me buy it for 17 dollars, saying " What do you need that for?". Yes it is indeed kid sized, but the addition of a banana seat and this massive nearly 20" long exercise cycle seat post, along with 175mm crankset should make it a servicable (if not tank-ish) bike for my 5'10" 200lbs self.

I was aware of the relative low quality of this bike so I figured custom is the way to go, even if it decreases it's value over the long run. It's a cool bike that I don't see myself ever getting rid of :D

I've been trying the last two nights to load a pic of PBJ's bike (which should have read Poison Envy not Poison Ivy, sorry). Photobucket is not cooperating. I'm hoping Schwinnmesa sees this thread. I think he has pics of the bike. I'll keep trying though.
Your mods to the bike should workout pretty good. PBJ's bike is rideable by us bigger guys but I like to be stretched out a little more. They are fun little bikes to ride! Have fun, Bikes are made to be ridden!

You're in Luck! I have the same bike, Given to me by a friend and I noticed a sticker in the back, It is indeed a PACIFIC CYCLE.

The Sticker has the PC Logo and as follows:
Support:800-626-2811
Model:S2936TR
Date:ACE0116JE

IF YOU FIND ANYMORE ABOUT THIS BIKE, PLEASE REPLY, I am trying to restore it and currently having a hard time!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ......this is a better pic after we built the forks.....the seat and sissy bar are off a 69 schwinn stingray and we are looking for a place up here that can chrome the forks for us. my son is 14 and adores this bike. he rides it every day. he also owns a 07 black and flamed stingray that we are going to trick out and an 05 black and chrome schwinn stingray that he keeps in his bedroom in mint condition and a jesse james chopper he found laying in a junk pile at a friends that he bought for 15 dollars........have pics of all of them

Latest posts

Back