Mystery bikes...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've picked up a couple new bikes recently but I don't have any info on either of them.
The red runabout is an Evergreen Cycle product with a drum brake in the rear and cool raised flowered pattern on the tires. It even has impressions in the handlebars for reflectors and a drop down kickstand.
The other bike frame is a complete mystery. Just look at the frame near the drop outs...

evergreen3.jpg

evergreen2.jpg

evergreen1.jpg

mystery1.jpg

mystery3.jpg

mystery2.jpg

the blue frame is a AMF/Roadmaster i believe, dontknow the years they used that style though, maybe 70s and later

have no clue on the other but the tires are sweet !!!

....someone else mentioned that the blue frame might be a one year only Colson...?

Yeah I saw an amf(roadmaster I think) with those huge dropouts with a dana 3 speed front crank setup at a swap meet... I wish I woulda bought it...

i have a gold one like your your blue one...made by a factory in little rock, arkansas...i've started to build motorised bikes and its a toss up if i'm going to use the frame for one...the wields suck...the design for motorised bike is great...needs to be beefed up...let me know what you are going to do withe the frame...thanks for the picks...dennis
Tonka said:
I've picked up a couple new bikes recently but I don't have any info on either of them.
The red runabout is an Evergreen Cycle product with a drum brake in the rear and cool raised flowered pattern on the tires. It even has impressions in the handlebars for reflectors and a drop down kickstand.
The other bike frame is a complete mystery. Just look at the frame near the drop outs...

evergreen3.jpg

evergreen2.jpg

evergreen1.jpg

mystery1.jpg

mystery3.jpg

mystery2.jpg

Does anyone know if the blue frame bike would have been considered a middleweight or heavyweight? I'm considering buiding it up but I'm not sure if it would be 1.75 tires or 2.125 tires. I have an extra set of S-2's laying around that look like they could clear the spaces.
Anyone have pics of a complete bike?

Nice bikes! You blue bike looks like a Dahon frame maybe built for the Euro market. As for your blue bike go look at fast eddie's monster build. It's the same frame and it's a middle weight. This would be a 26" or a 24" X 1.75 wheel.

Have fun with them.
Dos Cruiser

Technically not a drum brake but a band brake so unlikely to be English, Iv'e never seen an English bike with a band brake or with a drop down kickstand. Since it doesn't have a coaster I doubt it's Dutch or German. I'm thinking it could be a Puch or a Puky or Maybe French, 'rebadged' for the US market.

So in summary..... I don't know! :D

Hope this helps. :?

Thanks for the additional info on the blue frame. I took a look at Fast Eddies build and you're right....they're definitely the same frame. I may try to wedge some 2.125's in there if they'll go, but it will have to wait for a while.
I still can't find any solid info on the Evergreen Bike. The seat even has some nice stitching on it that goes with the general look of the bike.
Am I right in thinking it's a runabout?

Yeah....I meant "runabout" in terms of style.
It looks like a compact bicycle meant for an adult to me.
.....long seat post with a slightly larger seat for a bicycle this size......longer handle bar stem......and it just appears to be a little more "optioned" than a child would need.

it probs is a shopper
but it could be a kiddies bike
if the wheels are 20" id call it a shopper
any smaller and it will probably be a kids one

I checked out the tire size on the Evergreen bike.......20 X 2.125

here's a pic of my courrier bike as it looked when i got it...
FrankN.Stine13.jpg

courier1-2-3.jpg

this is what i did to it...
FrankNStine923.jpg

FrankNStine933.jpg

FrankNStine943.jpg

this is the other frame like that, i traded my son for it cuz i dig these frames! it had the same chainring as your blue one and it had a 3 speed freewheel on the back - if im remembering right. the fenders were peaked, its a cool lookin bike but i forgot to take pics before i took it apart. it only has a 20" on the back cuz i took this pic to show something different on a different site
canitfullsize3.jpg

fast eddie

Back