Naked 41

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first builodoff and i'm entering my 1941 Cleveland Welding Company Roadmaster. This bike was a fresh barn find in Ohio and once i set my eyes on her i new exactly how it was going to turn out. Many labor intensive hours later after the frame was ground to a smooth finish and dents punded out of the fenders and tank i ended up with the bike i visoned. This became a labor of love and was exciting all the way to the end. The only thing i haven't finished is the LED taillight which is in the works. Enjoy!
RoadmasterAd.jpg

Roadmaster1.jpg

Roadmaster5.jpg

Roadmaster9.jpg

She was a bit rough....
080210002.jpg

080210007.jpg

080210006.jpg

080210003.jpg

080210004.jpg

080210005.jpg

Hopefully you enjoyed my work here...
The only things purchased were a headlight, brass hardware, stainless spokes, old school grips, seat upholstery, pedals, paint, and alot of sanding belts.

That's my kind of bike. I like it. Classy choice of colors and don't forget the wing nuts.

Great job. Anyone who has Indian MC in the garage is definitely not following the crowd (owned a 99' Chief).

um, your build is cool and very well done...ur garage is clean and looks very well setup, thats really cool!

Some real cool ideas....Wing nuts, quick release of the 40's.

super cool man..... I really like your style...

Do I need to be the bad guy again??????????

At least it's not powder-coated!

I was blown away by the results of all your work! One of the most beautiful bikes in the entire build-off, and probably one i would most like to own.

Did you do a build-thread? I was looking for it in the entries page and could not find it - would have liked to see the progress of blood, sweat, tears.

As for the voting results, your bike might suffer from a lack of modification. With ZERO disrespect intended, it is essentially an amazing "restoration". I totally dug the obvious effort and subtle detailed touches (brass accents, etc), but it might have needed a certain "rattiness".

Hey, if it was my bike, I would likely not have messed with it either! Great ride - enjoy it!

bombshelterbikes said:
I was blown away by the results of all your work! One of the most beautiful bikes in the entire build-off, and probably one i would most like to own.

Did you do a build-thread? I was looking for it in the entries page and could not find it - would have liked to see the progress of blood, sweat, tears.

As for the voting results, your bike might suffer from a lack of modification. With ZERO disrespect intended, it is essentially an amazing "restoration". I totally dug the obvious effort and subtle detailed touches (brass accents, etc), but it might have needed a certain "rattiness".

Hey, if it was my bike, I would likely not have messed with it either! Great ride - enjoy it!

Look at the number of posts, 2, not much room for a build report.

Look at the number of posts, 2, not much room for a build report.[/quote]

Kind of my point. I was trying to refer to the rules requiring a build diary, and the suggestion that when judging, the build diaries should be taken into account. In another thread, the builder of this killer bike seemd a tad upset that his bike was not given more consideration as a "winner". Was just trying to help explain....

Anyway, this is still probably the bike I most appreciate and admire in the build....I just did not think it was truly a "build" in the Rat Rod sense. EIther way, it has a rightfully proud creator/owner and a lot of appreciative site friends.

I keep coming back to this thread to look at your bike,
Just my kind of bike, I think I might have fallen in love with it :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Awesome job :wink: Got some pics of that Indian :?
Here are a couple shots of the Chief you see in the background. I have big plans for this over the winter.
IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

bombshelterbikes said:
Look at the number of posts, 2, not much room for a build report.

[/quote]Kind of my point. I was trying to refer to the rules requiring a build diary, and the suggestion that when judging, the build diaries should be taken into account. In another thread, the builder of this killer bike seemd a tad upset that his bike was not given more consideration as a "winner". Was just trying to help explain....

Anyway, this is still probably the bike I most appreciate and admire in the build....I just did not think it was truly a "build" in the Rat Rod sense. EIther way, it has a rightfully proud creator/owner and a lot of appreciative site friends.[/quote]

I appreciate all your comments... I wish i had a better thread but unfortuneately i don't have many project pictures. That's my fault cause i get so wrapped up into my projects i don't care about the inbetween stages i just want to see it completed.

I'm working on a Honda CB550 motorcycle now and i'm transforming it into a cafe style bike. I told a friend of mine that he had to keep track of the build cause i know that i'll get all wrapped up into it and forget.

And yes i did have somewhat of an issue with the fact that most voters are lookling at one photo of the bike and not the post i created for the build off. Did you know that the bike wasn't painted and had a naked finish without looking at the entry post?

I know that i didn't vote on any bike until i looked at other photos of them.

When you have a moment take a look at Jimmy Shines Rat Rod. This really was the inspiration behind the bike.
http://www.jimmyshine.com/BareNekid-index.htm

Latest posts

Back