Need A Liittle Help! Yard Sale Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Found this yesterday at a yard sale. The old boy had stickers everywhere on the bike. While trying to clean the bike today I had to sand the down tube to get all the crap off of it. Needs painting anyway, frame was painted at one time and the perfect fenders are miss-matched. Has new tires and tubes, the old boy thought they were needed this spring. My question is YEAR??? I'm guessing late 60's.

Serial number is: 01 005032

It's an early 1980's bike and all original minus the chain guard and it doesn't have it's original Carlisle Lightning Dart tires.

If it still has the black & white lettered decal above the bottom bracket the month & year is on it. Example like on mine I just got a few months back, 04-82 is April 1982.

OOps!! I had a brain fart yesterday. This ones a little new for me. This shows I should study up on the newer bikes!! Not sure what I'll do with this one now???????

The bikes a good rider with new tires and tubes. Anyone have an idea of what it's worth? will probably sell this one because of it's age.

Build it and ride it :)

Think I have a guard for that around here someplace.

Green Dragon said:
Build it and ride it :)

Think I have a guard for that around here someplace.

Thanks, But the old boy had the chain guard, it was sanded down, just not on bike.

I suppose my $25.00 purchase here will become a parts bike, because it really is in nice shape. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back