need a repair stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that exact stand...
you can see it in my RRBBO Thread in the progress pic's

It's ok..because it was free.

But I would NEVER buy one!
The Bottom Bracket sits on the Base of the stand and the Arm is adjusted
to Clamp the Down Tube.
If the Frame has a sweep to it,
or if it's an Older Frame like my Rollfast..
It WON"T FIT ON THE STAND!!

save your Money and buy a Newer Style ..like a Park Stand.

also..that one tends to Pinch your Fingers when you are setting it up,
too many moving parts that get loose all the time and
you have to re-tighten it 3 or 4 times during the Job :x :x
a newer stand doesn't do that.

so, I own one the exact same as that..and I would NOT recomend it!

hope this helps,

peace,
Kev.

Markm said:
ive seen someone turn a hospital table, that goes over the bed, into one

hmm, the company i work for makes those... time to do some dumpster diving... some of you guys would FREAK if you ever saw teh dumpsters at my work... especially Kenny P... :lol:
their pretty strict about what gets taken out though... :(

I use buckle clamp straps that can be bought cheaply at walmart ect I use the regular bike hooks on the ceiling then hang the bike right side up from the handle bars and seat post it also allows you to lift the bike up easily to the ceiling you pull on one side of the strap and up it goes
I also use them to work on bicycles by my bench it allows me to raise and lower everything to a comfortable height
P4120014.jpg

P4120015.jpg

P4120016.jpg

the last house I lived had a garage and I could lift one bike and store another on floor below. I havent had time at this house to set it up yet in my basement storage room

what is that shelf thing behind the bike that looks like a workbench but cleaner?? :lol: :lol: and those things that look like tools but organized :shock: :shock:

Markm said:
what is that shelf thing behind the bike that looks like a workbench but cleaner?? :lol: :lol: and those things that look like tools but organized :shock: :shock:

NOTHING WRONG WITH Being organized, Dad finally got me organized Took me getting hit in the head with a pipe wrench (He threw it along with the rest of the toolbox) But i organized that whole thing by myself now i get on him if any thing is out of order.. Yeah.

Lol i deserved it i was runnin my mouth being cocky lol.. Yeah i have a tendancy to run my mouth..

Well i didnt dodge the wrench SO I GUESS I CANT DODGE A BALL!!

Back