Need help asap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a line on these two bicycles.I am out of town visiting relatives. Can't see the bikes or research right now. Men's bike is supposedly a firestone woman's is a goodyear? He wants $80 for the pair. Gamble site unseen or pass?
3020f78180cb6add676be58a02b5d466.jpg
81add2770eb36a9b64b62689772bc3cf.jpg

Thanks.

So I spoke with the guy, he had it backwards. The woman's bike is the firestone and the men's bike is the Goodyear. He says it's a highway patrol model with a multi-speed hub. Does this sound right, seems to me most of the patrols had another top tube...like a straight bar schwinn. He is firm at $80 for the pair our$ 80 each lol, thoughts

Columbia a 60s middleweight? Guessing 2" + tires would be out of the question. Original seat? I'm thinking I'm getting close to justifying these. I think I can scrounge $40 of parts off the women's, fenders seem nice and I could use the front end too. I can't think of the last time I spent more than $40 on a bike, so this is talking some personal convincing. Plus my bride will be less then thrilled...

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but on the mens bike looks like the head tube is nearly vertical, hardly any slant to it. I haven't seen any like it, so maybe it's normal.

sounds like all the money for them.. going to be a fair project getting one of them going, total gamble on the 2 speed hub. girls bike doesn't look like it has much to offer beyond the sheet metal. Schwinnray is right on what I would offer

Thanks guys, I'm going to hold off until the end of the week. Maybe I'll shoot him an offer if he's still sitting on them. I still haven't found a similarity built Columbian frame...certainly not a Highway patrol model.....it does have me curious. But cheapness has once again destroyed my childlime sense of adventure. Still got my childish sense of humor tho. Fart

I found a pic of one, forks bent but looks like the same frame. I'll bet yours is a 2 speed, needs the cable and shifter.

1zzpfd.jpg

Thanks for all the assistance. I decided to pass on them. I did get him down to sixty if anyone is interested in it let me know and I will hook you up with his number.

That is sixty for the Goodyear. His wife will put the firestone in the garden if the price is less than $80.

id buy em both 80 aint nothing for 2 bikes. where i live these would read 2 vintage bikes...$700 or best offer, as is.

id buy the firestone from ya

I've never shipped a bike before but it's not out of the question. I'm still new to this site and don't want to burn bridges by screwing up a transaction. If I get time I'll swing by and check them out tomorrow.
Otherwise there's this one on Milwaukee Craigslist, it's a Roolfast. The new tires are a major plus.

f42a16e88499677164036df91984005e.jpg

He says he'll take $125 for it.

thats not bad. getting it as low as possible helps. id have to save up fore the firestone. bikes are not really selling right now due to xmas.

I've never shipped a bike before but it's not out of the question. I'm still new to this site and don't want to burn bridges by screwing up a transaction. If I get time I'll swing by and check them out tomorrow.
Otherwise there's this one on Milwaukee Craigslist, it's a Roolfast. The new tires are a major plus.

f42a16e88499677164036df91984005e.jpg
One of my first old bikes was a Rollfast just like that one, 50's most probably. I rode it back and forth to my job at Denny's when I was a teenager. That one you're showing has a Murray sprocket on a non-Rollfast crank and I believe the forks are bent backward. With the wheel turned it's tough to tell. Fixable though, but $125 is steep. I just looked at the ad on CL, there's not a good pic of the forks facing straight. You'll probably see very little gap between the frame and front fender.

Last edited:
Back