Need help identifying this frame????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone this is the only photo of the frame. A local sale of some chairs was posted and it caught my eye. No decals, no badges or any specific paint scheme to fig out a era or brand of any type. If you have an idea of the era or make please let me know. Thanks for any help.

5ca822a9bc7401b311462f57f221f522.jpg

Agreed.. The sprocket style matches up to one of those. O well.. Im not a fan of those but might grab it up if anyone might interested in it?

StingRays are always great trading material. And who knows, maybe it is a super rare 1963 dated frame $$$ from the first months of production. :wink: Gary

Thanks guys, I am going to scoop it yp and it is a stingray they sent me a pic. It has the sissy bar, seat, bars etc. only thing missing are wheels, tires and fenders. I am not to big on them so I may clean it yp and try to trade or sell to get a bike more my style.

If you post the serial number we can tell you what year it is. Can't say whether it was a Deluxe or a fenderless model but there are some other clues such as whether it had coaster or caliper brakes.

Looks like a 65 to 68 full size (i.e. regular Stingray not a Junior) boys Stingray. The serial number should be on the left rear dropout.

--Rob

The number on the rear dropout is- CE67082

Thanks a ton! I just got the bike home and it is in flawless condition.. By that I mean no major rust, no dings or bends in any parts. Someone between the original owners and now gave it a few layers of spray paint but if I keep it I may sandblast it and give it a good coat of paint.

I am not sure if it would be worth my while keeping and making ridable or just parting to you guys who would actually enjoy the parts. Here is a pic of how it is currently.

e10850a176b9052063414473e7048ac5.jpg

It was manuf. on March 1969 according to your serial number.

Just to confirm you may pull the cranks or stem and see if you can find a two digit year on them.

Try some oven cleaner to strip off the spray bomb paint.

Thanks for the info. If I choose to keep Ill throw it in the media cabinet. Is there a way to remove the front badge? Looks to be like a flathead type item holding them in. Not sure if it is a rivet or just some sort of screw used.

One thing you can always do is pick up a cheap modern bmx for the wheels and throw them on there. Rep ain't the frame and recover the seat. Someone would buy it for their kid.

I've actually built a boys stingray and a girls lil chick for my friend's kids to ride. I powder coated the frames and the boys chrome parts since the chrome was toast. I picked up a couple of $10 bikes for wheels so they would have standard modern sized tires and sold off the original s7's

I think I had around $70 into the girls and around $125 into the boys by the time I was done. The only thing I miss about where I used to work was the sand blasting booth and powder coating stations.

Yeah I have a set of wheels already on it. I tore up and down the road tonight to have a little fun hahahaha.

dea10ba8e829daefd9d474b5a8f297e3.jpg

If you get the headbadge off you'll find out what the original color was under it.

I just use a fine flathead screwdriver. Clean the slot of the screws out carefully and you should get it. They do rust in there a bit. The screws are special self-tappers so try to save them.

New badges and screws are available but why spend the extra money? Removing the fork will let you spray PB BLaster or whatever on the inside of the screws, and that will help a lot in removing them. Also put the screwdriver on them and tap it gently to start freeing them up.

Looks like it is a good candidate for a blast and repaint, new decals, new seat, and ride it!

--Rob

Back