Need help selecting paint.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which type of paint finish do you prefer?

• Gloss

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Satin

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Never paint a bike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the specific bike

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
My preference would be gloss. These are old bikes, but remember that they were shiny when they were new, and they'll have new paint. You should set up a poll on this thread :D

If you click the edit button on your original post you'll see 2 tabs to the left just below the submit button. Right tab is "poll". Never set one up, but I imagine it's self explanatory once you click the tab.

If you are going to paint it I would select gloss, unless you are going for more of a ratty look, then satin. Depends on the bike tho! If the paint will clean up to your liking then keep it original. Build it the way you want it! 8)

Believe it or not, i say gloss. Here's why...If you paint it gloss and then decide you don't like it, a simple rubdown with some 0000 or higher steel wool will knock the sheen down to satin.

TAH-DAH!

Now you have a satin finish without the hassle of disassembly and repaint.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Believe it or not, i say gloss. Here's why...If you paint it gloss and then decide you don't like it, a simple rubdown with some 0000 or higher steel wool will knock the sheen down to satin.

TAH-DAH!

Now you have a satin finish without the hassle of disassembly and repaint.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Very nice! That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing your input I appreciate it! :mrgreen:

Back