Need help with a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a beach cruise serial number on the neck MO(or could be a zero)3 005022. It has a suntour cruiser brake and wald front hub serial 130 83. Wondering if worth doing a bunch of work to or some fresh tubes new bears and ride it.

Murray-built, maybe a Monterey? 70s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I concur, but that fork and the Suntour coaster suggest early-to-mid 80s. Definitely Murray built, and if it wasn't labeled as a Monterrey, that's the same frame they sold as the Monterrey.

Ok. Thanks again. You guys are on top of your game. Guess i will put new bearings on the crank and some tires and have some fun with it looking for another one to fix up

Murray Monterreys are usually easy to find, and they ought to be pretty cheap. Seems like there's way more ladies' frames then men's, though. If a Craigslister is asking too much for one, wait a few weeks and then hit him with a fair offer....

I had one at my house, briefly. A coworker wanted to donate it to the co-op, and another co-worker wanted to "adopt" it. So, I gave it a quick repacking/tuning. Nice, simple, straightforward bike. Some ppl hate those Suntour CBs, but they're OK if given love, in my experience. Enjoy the ride!

Back