Need help with decorating bike with cardboard...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help! My 3 year old daughter and I are going to be in a Christmas light parade here in town on the 17th of December. I want to use my cruiser and her trailer and make a train out of them using cardboard. I've made many thing out of cardboard but I have never tried to mount it to a bike before. I need your help and suggestions on what would be the best thing to hold up card board on top of my bike and the trailer. I dont want to be halfway thru the parade and it fall apart on me! I though I remember seeing a thread where some built a santa sleigh or something like that on there bike out of cardboard.

Any help/ suggestions is appreciated! Please post pics if you have any, thanks!

"I dont want to be halfway thru the parade and it fall apart on me!"

Why did I just think about the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade big Balloon deflations over the years.

They were Always REAL FUNNY!

Use the light 'bamboo' plant stakes from the garden shop to make that light support structure inside, with maybe the pvc or furring strip main structure. Duct tape is your friend.

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm going to try a couple things out to see how it turns out?

Gotta agree with the Duct Tape idea!

You can Fix the World with Duct Tape...

...and a 9/16" wrench.

Mr. Hauber my Diesel Mechanics teacher said that back in H.S. (30 years ago) and I never forgot it.

I have used cardboard to make a few parade and theme bikes. We use LOTS of contact glue to layer cardboard and make shapes, and use LOTS of zip ties to attach the cardbord to the frames. On some Ive used wood and U-bolts to attach the cardboard or very thin plywood to the bike. Ive used aluminum straps to attach or support the cardboard.
To cut the cardboard use a jig saw or band saw, using a knife can leave sloppy edges and can be hazardous, be careful.
Ive only had 1 come apart while riding,and that was at the end of the night ridding home and the wind was blowing 40 mph, the Beertruck bike ended up in a dumpster.
cardboard2.jpg

Crazy Mae and her "My Favorite Pony" she named Marcy. This horse has lived several lives (colors, the more times its paint the stronger the cardboard), white, green for St. Pats Days parade, red for July 4th ride. and Beige.
DSC00104.jpg

Halloween Phantom of the Opera bike, with a working keyboard (battery powered).
halloween08037.jpg

halloween08030.jpg

Wichita Riverfest parade, parade theme was "Get your groove on" what better than a VW bus on a tandem bike?
newyork019.jpg

vwbus009.jpg

Then there is Rudolf the red nose reindeer helping me pedal the Rat tandem
082.jpg

Cardboard is a fun way to decorate a bike,

Thank you Crazy May for the inspiration. Meet SparkleWood the fastest MyLittle Sparkle Poney in Sacramento.

thank you again! Rockstar
6795706092_34724bea4c_m.jpg

Latest posts

Back