Need help with Elgin bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a rough guess but I'd say sometime around 1940's. Somebody else might be able to tell you more with the numbers. It's a nice looking bike for sure.

1940-42 with that frame. The Egin name was replaced by JC Higgins after WWII, though there are a very few postwar Elgins in existence.-Adam

How bout some help with your pics my friend...

035.jpg

034.jpg

032.jpg

Hey
Thanks everybody for the help. I had issues gettting photos up this time for some reason. Again any help on the age is appreciated. I was thinking about that era but was not that sure. Any ideas on the model??? All the knowledge of everybody here is really great. What took me so long to find you guys?? Thanks again. Leo

Not much in the way of model because the bike came out right before the war, probably 41-42. It wasn't the absolute "base" model, that one had a straight seat tube so this was the "standard" model with the cooler deluxe frame but no chrome (the war again) or accessories. The deluxe version would have a tank, lights and rack but again, few deluxe bikes were marketed due to the war. This particular bike was made by Mercury for Sears. Here is an example of the same bike with some very rare bells and whistles...
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread ... t-Restored

Back