Need help with ID on this one...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys...any help or imput on this one would be greatly appreciated. I just picked it up on CL for my wife for $40. No head badge and has a poor repaint that covered up anything else. I haven't had a chance to really look it over, so I'm not even sure where to find the serial number. It is a skiptooth and I was told it is a 1950's. Also, if anyone has a tank for this bike, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

3p23ob3l25O15P55R6b1r1304d5e977b417a1.jpg

3m93o63l45O55Q25W0b1rdb8f12081be01170.jpg

i believe it is murray made. could have been badged as an elgin or collegiate. i have the frame in both mens and womens, and mine are badged as collegiate. :)

I saw that the other day. Looks Murray, but I've never seen one that had the curve in the top tube like that. Off subject, it's 65 in Atlantic Beach, I'm going for a ride!

Thanks for all the help guys. I used your imput and was able to find a couple on the net that match perfectly. I'm still doing some research, but it actually looks like it might be an early (39-40ish) Murray Mercury. It's missing the piece on the front, but everything else looks right...ie, the seatpost, guard, skiptooth, frame, and dropouts. There are also holes in the rear that look like they would be for a drop kickstand and the front fender looks right too. There is a hole for it to slide over the headtube and then it bolts to each fork instead of from underneath. I could be completely off on this too though. So please feel free to let me know if you can help in any way. I'll keep researching for now....thanks again.

Hope you got a good ride in Wildcat...great day to ride around the beach.

Think I've got it pegged as a 1939-1942 Murray Mercury. Might be wishful thinking but it looks right to me. Pic below shows front fender setup. Thanks for all the help.

2011_0131AA.jpg

mercury_catalogue2.jpg

Back