NEED HELP WITH NEW BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been building up stuff this summer, and it'd be easier to just make one post to show everything. So here goes.

1. A matching set of blue Sears Single-speeds.. My uncle picked these up at a yard sale for $40 and brought them to me. Both are in great condition. The boys bike had a problem with the chain and the hand brake being loose but I got that fixed. The set is on craigslist right now, but it seems that nobody is interested when they find out that they're only single speed..
7545555356_4b5af2a506_z.jpg

7545569830_80bb9c143d_z.jpg

7545563250_db3aaf848b_z.jpg

2. Mattell Stallion. Picked this up at the Petit Jean Swap meet last month. The guy had it buried under a bunch of tires and stuff on a trailer. I pulled it out and asked how much he wanted, $15 but I got it for $10. I know that it's missing the shocks, fenders, wheels, and the bearings? Looks like it'll be impossible to find parts!
7545700336_a7c5b0b84f_z.jpg

7545703492_5d70000893_z.jpg

7545696266_51bc8c4572_z.jpg

3. Vintage AMF Bicycle Pump
Got this from the same guy that had to Stallion. It's missing the hose but that can easily be replaced! Has a pressure gauge built into it. $10
7545815954_751b2f05a2_z.jpg

7545818172_ce7a4a515b_z.jpg

7545813698_a7945d30a8_z.jpg

Re: Summer Finds

"nobody is interested when they find out that they're only single speed."

People these days are L A Z Y :lol:
Cool pick up on the AMF Pump; but I think the Stallion is too far gone. Good luck with it; but I'd have to say R.I.P.

Ddivot said:
"nobody is interested when they find out that they're only single speed."

People these days are L A Z Y :lol:
Cool pick up on the AMF Pump; but I think the Stallion is too far gone. Good luck with it; but I'd have to say R.I.P.

Yeah I always get calls from people thinking they are 3-speeds because they have hand brakes but they're never interested when I tell them they're single speed.

And I figured the stallion was pretty much gone but I can probably salvage the fork and seat.. but who knows? Maybe ill find some rear shocks one day.. :)

Or make some metal struts that would make it a hardtail. Maybe lower it a bit too :idea:

That Mattell Stallion could be saved, you just have to keep going to swap meets. It took me a year to find a seat for mine, found it here on rat rod.

Yep just got to be patient. Try finding parts for a 1937 International pickup then you know what tough is. I once found one in the woods when I was out hunting. Talked with the property owner and he said I could have it. finding all the proper parts is a nightmare and they don't reproduce much for International.

Alright guys, I have a chance to buy a complete mattel bronco this weekend at auction.. the only thing not there is the engine. Has original wheels, and has the exhaust pipe from the engine. The bike has like 3 or 4 different colors of house paint on it but original paint might be under there. Realistically, how much do you think it would be worth?

fi24.cgi

Check the axles on those Sears bikes to see if there is a hole in the end on right side of them.If they have a coaster brake look on the left side.The axle will stick out a little more also.If so it is where the shift pin would go.I have never seen a single speed without a coaster brake on those bikes that wasn't a 3sp.I could be wrong but it is worth a check.

Bama Bill said:
Check the axles on those Sears bikes to see if there is a hole in the end on right side of them.If they have a coaster brake look on the left side.The axle will stick out a little more also.If so it is where the shift pin would go.I have never seen a single speed without a coaster brake on those bikes that wasn't a 3sp.I could be wrong but it is worth a check.

Alright I will check, seems weird that both bikes would be missing the cables though

arpicker said:
Big_Daddy_Sloth said:
How much for the pair of Sears bikes?

I have them on there for $120 for the pair.

Here in CT. I could get $150 each..on a good day..

jaydub said:
arpicker said:
Big_Daddy_Sloth said:
How much for the pair of Sears bikes?

I have them on there for $120 for the pair.

Here in CT. I could get $150 each..on a good day..

Yeah, I'm really surprised they aren't gone yet. Maybe people around here are just too lazy to ride a single speed.

Bama Bill said:
That did cross my mind.You never know what a po might do.Those bikes look clean.

Well I checked the bikes today and it turns out that they are 3-speeds.. Why somebody would remove the shifter and cables from both bikes is what I don't understand.. I guess I'll have to go buy some and get them fixed. Should make selling them easier!!

Latest posts

Back