need info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a quick question, what years did western flyer make a grand trophy? i need some help on identifying what year my bike is. any info would be great.
primersfiner

Markm said:
check oldroads.com they have a huge pic section
i cant hardly figure out that site. im going to try and figure it out, i know that sounds dumb.

Hooch said:
do you have a pic?
here you go im new at the hobby
Mar12_03.jpg

good luck man, I've got a Western Flyer "Galaxy Flyer" and I couldn't find any literature on when it was made. I found a couple pictures of similar frames, but no info.

here are the best links I've found:
golden flyer
custom

my galaxy flyer i dont know what year my bike was made. Oh and there is nothing about this type of western flyer on oldroads.com, i've checked.

As you know my build off bike is a Western Flyer
and all be damed if I could find any info before I started the build!!!

I know when I was looking for info on a Chain Gaurd for a Sears
Hot Rod bike I have, I contacted a guy from the Sears Archives department and he said I could purchase copies of the old catolouges..cheap.

so ,maybe start searching out Western Auto Store catolouges..

keep me posted if yaa find anything...
I'm at a loss myself,

Kev.

im pretty sure its a late 50's to early to mid 60's. thats a pretty broad range, i love that bike to death. put it this way i wouldnt take 100 bucks for it the way it sits. im going to have to paint the fenders because the crome is pealing off. its going to be flat black with bright green wheels and fenders. the only thing i dont like about it is the guy who gave it to me put brand new mountain bike tires. they still even have the nipples on them. it kind of looks like an old flat track racer. i dont know lets here some of your ideas.

Slam the seat
Bob the Fenders
Throw some Ape hangers on it
some new Wide White walls..

Metal Flake seat
matching flaked grips
polish the frame with 3 and 1 oil, poke it with a fork and it's DONE

you can't buy Patina!

just my 2 cents
peace,
Kev.

ditto
Clothespin "n" said:
Slam the seat
Bob the Fenders
Throw some Ape hangers on it
some new Wide White walls..

Metal Flake seat
matching flaked grips
polish the frame with 3 and 1 oil, poke it with a fork and it's DONE

you can't buy Patina!

just my 2 cents
peace,
Kev.

primersfiner said:
...im pretty sure its a late 50's to early to mid 60's. thats a pretty broad range...

I've gotta girls bike "grand trophy" but I think it was bought new in the late 80's though. Could have just been bought at a bike shop though and mine has painted fenders so it maybe a remake or somethin, and like yours mine is now rusty as flip

Back