Need seatpost shifter for SRC-5(W)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice folks at S-A North America tell me it exists--or existed--but never made it across the pond. I've located the wide-ratio 5-speed hub, but really would like to use a seatpost shifter. I'm even up for adapting another S-A thumb shifter, if that can be done. I'm not wedded to using the wide-ratio, it's just that I'm told a seatpost shifter exists in Europe or the UK. Any help, advice, or source info is appreciated.

BTW, this is for my current build that's primarily for rail trail riding, but I'd like to be able to manage my own hilly neighborhood as well.

Thanks!

Might go with braze on, since I'm stripping and repainting. S-A doesn't list the braze on at their site, so maybe there's just NOS?

Yeah, all the new-production 5 speed hubs are rotary now, so the current shifters are all for those...they got grips, thumbies, and triggers....no more braze-ons or bar ends or seatposts... Good news is, the new "old" stock isn't very old, so you have a chance...

Latest posts

Back