Need some Bike info...please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just acquired a few bikes here lately from my Grandma's house. They have been sitting for years. I'm Mark and I've been riding for a long time, but just now getting interested in the vintage bikes. So I have two I need some info about. If any of you guys recognize them, feel free to hit me with some knowledge!
The first one is a Firestone Speed Chief, kid's bike, I can't find the year model or get any printed numbers off the bike.
DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

Looks like the fork is on backwards. Must be one of the earliest Walmart bikes I have seen yet... :lol: That "Rusty Gold" Patina is awesome.

outskirtscustoms said:
Looks like the fork is on backwards. Must be one of the earliest Walmart bikes I have seen yet... :lol: That "Rusty Gold" Patina is awesome.

I thought the fork was backwards too, but when I turned it around the wheel almost rubs the frame, what's up with the backwards fork look? I can't figure it out?

Vintage Bikes said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I thought the fork was backwards too, but when I turned it around the wheel almost rubs the frame, what's up with the backwards fork look? I can't figure it out?

The fork is bent, back in the day they just flipped them around so they clear the frame instead of buying a new one

Gonna pull the forks and put them in the press with some wood blocks, let's see how much these babys will bend! You guys are right they are bent something fierce! :shock:

Dang, I've never seen them THIS BAD! I'm gonna say that you can risk hurting self trying to fix that with some methods I've heard! The good news is, you can easily find a new one since HP Snyder built bikes for many brands should this one be beyond repair.

Latest posts

Back