need some help 20's early 30's tank id & value please Mead Ranger???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Found this on a business trip yesterday. I have not bought it yet. He wants $250 for it. It is a repaint, no headbadge, wooden wheels with chain tube tires. Delta battery box & track pedals. Is this bike worth the $250 or more & who makes it & year? Serial number is on the bottom bracket & is either starts with J 11 or U 11. The headbadge screws are still there but are not vertical but horizontal across headtube..

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Don't know the make or model, but price seems fair if you want to keep it. If you're parting out, I'd try for $200 but I wouldn't pass it up if they won't come down. Off the top of my head, I think you're looking at a minimum of $75 EACH for the stand, handlebars, frame, and wheel set, so that's $300 right there. I doubt you'd lose your investment on it. Probably could get much more for it either whole or in parts.

Thank you. I was thinking a little less on a few of the parts. I realky don't want to buy it to part it but to possibly restore it or else make a boardtrack out of it. I was thinking if I could figure out what it is then possibly find a tank for it & make a racer out of it. These bikes vary so much in value. Just like the muscle & BMX bikes I collect.

I've heard H.P. Snider, Rollfast, Davis & I do truly appreciate the help. How do ever know since the frames look so close. The front fender has a double brace which I've only seen on Sears. I do feel pretty confident the bike is earlier than 1929 & possibly in the teens. I am leaving town today so I am still up in the air because parting it out is easy but is restoring include me finding a tank.... or I could just take it to Memory Lane.

If you've got the $250, buy it! If you regret your decision, sell it at Memory Lane, and at the very least, recover your money.

Last edited:
I agree Dave. I will lay $ now after doing 8 hr of research it is a 1920-1924 Mead Ranger. I think I will buy it now that I know what it is & I can locate a tank.

That's easily worth the price. Look forward to seeing what you uncover about it.

Latest posts

Back