Need some help from the motorcycle guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Guys,
I was wondering what the tank mounted guage holder on a motorcycle is called. I'm thinking of using one on a future build and want to start sourcing it.
Here's the piece I'm talking about:
HDguagecluster.jpg

P.S. Anyone know where I can find one cheap? I haven't been able locate any salvage yards in my area.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Back when I was designing motorcycles we used to call the whole thing the tank dash or console. Hope that helps

It is a dash. Repop dashes can be found at Custom Chrome or the Vtwin sites.

JimK

tank dash panels usually FXR's or FX series or some deluxe sportsters, there are also after market ones you can get that are like 30.00 that are black where you cut the holes in, ebay is the place.

the pricey ones are for newer models or baggers which for some reason are popular now.
I remember these be really cheap a few years ago.

check out some of these items

Everybody already said it but it's the dash panel :wink: You can find them for dirt cheap at some of the motorcyle shows/swaps I go to :D Good luck with your search :wink:

Just swing by the Harley shop and raid the dumpster. When someone orders a chrome kit the stock parts are usually junked or dirt cheap. Don't buy a cheapo piece of crap (Emgo, Custom Chrome, V-Twin they are the same factory, packed into different bags).

I've worked in motorcycle shops off and on since I was 15 (way back in 1987). If they paid a living wage I'd still be in one instead of driving a local semi.

don't know what your compleat plan is, but here's a neat speedometer

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-SW74672-R ... B000WB0QKQ

i've had a similar idea but i need this speedometer. i got one, but i got it for another plan and now it seems they're discontinued. truthfully i'm part offering the idea and part wondering if anyone knows where a few are.

Back