Need some help on dateing my new Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying for a small collection of nice restored bikes. So far I have a Prewar skiptooth Elgin that Crassly sold me,this Elgin I picked up at the swap meet and a Schwinn straight bar really complete but no paint. I'm going to restore them for my projects , instead of building more stretch bikes. I have two and brother billy has a couple so there are just so many stretch bikes you can have around your house . There dosent seem to be much interest in the stretch frames i build. Just heading another direction.

i wouldnt be disappointed with that bike at all! its a great find and hey.....you got a tank with it even when it wasnt an option when it was made! and hooch is absolutely right the rack thats on there looks to be similar to the 20's and 30's style(KEEP IT) :mrgreen:

sensor said:
Hooch said:
most bikes are more valuable unrestored
this elgin just needs cleaned up abit in my opinion :)
restore the ruff ones :)
whats this hooch? are my purist ways rubbing off on you :lol: j/k
i completely agree!!

lol no if you notice the only bikes i personally mess with were near trashed lol
I love patina :)

Yall may love patina ,but 70 years of grime and crud dosent impress me. I like ....Man that bike looks like its brand new . ill spend the money to have pristine chrome and repaint to have a really good looking paint job, because i either cant afford or dont want to buy perfect unrestored bikes. I may be there someday but for now im redoing these three the best i can. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back