Need some ideas....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i picked this up the other day for free. Its a no brand disc-brake mountain bike with below entry level parts on it. I need some inspiration... I dunno what to do with it, i was thinking i might try and build it into a decent mountain bike for me to thrash round on after school or perhaps something else that you guys could suggest? If it turns into a mountain bike build should it be moved over to the Mountain Bike Forum? Anyways, look forward to hearing from you guys, i really look up to all of you :)
IMG_02051.jpg

If it were mine, I'd build a single-speed messenger bike with cruiser tires and a narrow straight bar. Pretty simple build but it would be a little different. I like different!

As long as you're askin.... :roll:

Find which rear sprocket works best for you, run it 'single speed' on that ring. Then go 'big BMX' with the rest, 4 bolt stem, riser bars, platform pedals, large street tires like some Schwalbe Big Apples, etc...

Then thrash it! It's cheap right? If it breaks, it breaks..you asked. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

apes and banana seat
nuff said
:mrgreen:

you could call it Mountain Gorilla!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
As long as you're askin.... :roll:

Find which rear sprocket works best for you, run it 'single speed' on that ring. Then go 'big BMX' with the rest, 4 bolt stem, riser bars, platform pedals, large street tires like some Schwalbe Big Apples, etc...

Then thrash it! It's cheap right? If it breaks, it breaks..you asked. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

I agree... I want a big BMX!

Paint it black. Add Smooth fat tires. Make it a road-path (or path-racer not trying to start a flame war). Have Fun

I think it would look real cool with some BIG street tyres on it... Thanks for all the ideas guys! Ill get to work tomorrow after school :D Im thinking of also finding some solid forks, those suspension forks are horrible :roll: And yes, its a 26, at least now i have some direction to go in with my build :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Am I the only one who likes it as is :oops:
Bahahaha! Why do you like it as is? The only thing i cant really stand is those cheapo forks....

Louis said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Am I the only one who likes it as is :oops:
Bahahaha! Why do you like it as is? The only thing i cant really stand is those cheapo forks....
I don't know, I just think it's kinda cool :shock: New knobby tires would be nice though :mrgreen:

If it stays as a mountain bike, shall i still change it to single speed? Because it doesnt have the best of quality parts on it. And the crank and BB need replacing anyways... As long as the fork goes ill be happy :D

I can weld, quite well. Its just i will have to do any frame welding at school because they have several $3000 gassed MIGs up there :D I only have a cheapo :p And i really like the look of that fixie however i would like to keep the discs on this thing...

Back