Need some info on a couple things.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 1963 western flyer and have some questions about some parts on the bike. Its has a drop center front wheel with a mark 60 hub and a Persons seat? Any info on these things would be much appreciated.
iphen040.jpg
iphen055.jpg

Those would both be typical on a 60s WF. Is the front wheel different from the rear? It would typically have a Bendix RB brake hub, or an RB-2 1963 or later. Or, it could be one of the off brand brakes of the era. If you have a full view pic of the chain side of the bike we can tell you who made it for Western Auto. Top 3 likely would be Murray, AMF, and Huffy. -Adam

Ok cool. Ill get some more pictures soon. Are these items hard to come by now days? Ive never really seen the seat before and i have heard drop center wheels are harder to find. Is that true?

AustinE123 said:
Ok cool. Ill get some more pictures soon. Are these items hard to come by now days? Ive never really seen the seat before and i have heard drop center wheels are harder to find. Is that true?
The seat is worth a few bucks provided there aren't any tears in it. Drop center rims were made through the mid-late 80s and used on Murray Monterey cruisers and the like, so not particularly rare. -Adam

Back