need to find a ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else been striking out in terms of finding a wal mart sting ray? I know there has to be a few left out there!

I know what you mean. Out of searching 6 different Wal-Marts, I found only 1 Stingray, which I bought. I would try going to one of those super Wal-Marts, but yes they are very hard to find. I guess they sell good, I hope Schwinn makes more!!! 8)

I just busted out the last and only blue one from my closet..
DSCF1815.jpg

crt95 said:
Anybody else been striking out in terms of finding a wal mart sting ray? I know there has to be a few left out there!

I'm in the Chicago area, but had no luck. I saw one in Orlando a few months ago, and didn't buy it cause I figured I'd find one back home.....NOT!! They're all gone to people looking to resell them with a huge markup.

I have checked My Walmarts (New Jersey) and they went from having 5 to 10 to having none. I wonder if they shipped them all to a certain area or store..Anyways depending where you are from you may be able to catch one on feebay for 60 to 80 if it is available for pick up. It's more than Walmart but cheaper than 150 bucks which is what they are asking for.. You never know because they are not selling so for the sellers that need to unload them they might go cheap.. hopefully..

I got lucky and found a black one today. I got off work about 5:30 and went to a new wal-mart that just got built about 2 weeks old. I couldn't believe it, there it was. I will keep my eyes open for more.

crt95 said:
I got lucky and found a black one today. I got off work about 5:30 and went to a new wal-mart that just got built about 2 weeks old. I couldn't believe it, there it was. I will keep my eyes open for more.
Where are you and how much?

Well I got lucky again, I went to another wal-mart and scored another black one. Today is my lucky day. I live right outside of houston in The Woodlands. And at both wal-marts I got them each for 49 dollars. I am not sure what to do with the second one. It is so weird I looked for months and could not find one, now I find 2 in one day.

My local Wal-mart had about 5 left a few weeks ago but now none. I did get talking with the bike assembler and found out whats in the strash in the back room and walked out with a Jessie James chopper.

demon said:
FaceOFFbikes said:
I just busted out the last and only blue one from my closet..
DSCF1815.jpg

Did you change the Schwinn slick out for the Duro on that or did it come that way?
It came with the slik but I switched it out for the 20x1.75 Kenda.. I am converting my son's bike into a cruiser type..

Where are you located? I might can help you out. I've been saving some for next Christmas.

UH....nevermind. Guess I should have read the whole thread-I se you found some. :oops:

racer32 said:
Where are you located? I might can help you out. I've been saving some for next Christmas.

UH....nevermind. Guess I should have read the whole thread-I se you found some. :oops:

thanks for the offer. (very cool) But I am coverd. I am also thinking about giving my second one to someone less fortunate.

Here's my pitch.....

I'm a teacher in Chicago. I gave up a cushy office job in the suburbs to transition into teaching in the inner-city. I'm a product of the public school system, and I try to show my kids that hard work will get them to a good place in life in the future. I put in alot of hours, and rarely feel that it's appreciated. I'm dedicated to my kids, the school, and the neighborhood. I'm looking forward to summer vacation so that I can finally spend hours upon hours tinkering in the garage. I've searched far and wide in my area, but there are no BFK's to be found.

I'm less fortunate.

I don't want any freebie.....just a BFK at non-ebay crazy prices.

That's my pitch....and I'm sticking to it. :)

Latest posts

Back