New 3G Newport Deluxe, need ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I picked this up at the LBS yesterday, and am looking for ideas to make it custom.

3GCooper.jpg

What brooks seat would you put on it?

Fenders?

Looking for ideas.

I'd go for the Brooks B190, some mini ape hangers, and forget the fenders or add a bobbed back fender and shortie front.

I'm trying to figure out why this bike is called a "deluxe"? I wonder what parts they leave off the "plain" model? :p To me a bike isn't "deluxe" unless it has a rack, tank, light, and springer. 8) Sorry, I'm just old school. Gary

B607,

I had the same question as you, but could never get a good answer.

The reason they call it deluxe, is due to the Aluminum frame compared to the steel frame. There is also a bunch of other items, but it is to early for me to think.

Michael

At first I wasn't super crazy about the way the seat on the bike looked and then I sat on it. :lol:

It's probably one of the most comfortable cruiser seats I've owned.

I think the major difference between the deluxe and the base model with their bikes is the wide wheel/tire option.

The deluxe models come with the fat rims and tires. :wink:

So I have ordered the following.

main_IG2126176551.jpg

yhst-3773699254952_2234_96660789

yhst-3773699254952_2234_72454568
, not sure if I will use, might look to bling bling.

Just need to find some truss rods, and maybe a rear fender. Stil trying to figure out the bars and grips.

was checking duplicolor paints site yesterday , and idk if its new but they have a 2part copper rattle can paint...copper bars could be nice
or chopp it :mrgreen:
DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

How about a copper colored springer fork or truss rods to go with your paint job.

To me the bike just screams fork . I am thinking that the Monark Version 2 springer with the 2 nice big chrome springs, stainless rockers and chrome crown and optional 1 1/8 threadless headset adapter might fit. 3G does not give spec for original fork. Then you have the chrome & copper thing going on that your new pedals tie together. After that remove the chain guard to see if that helps pull it together. Either chain might work.

Also, if you're into copper, copper plating is not that hard to do. You can get a kit from Caswell Plating for not too much. You could easily do your hubs and small parts like that. I have the silver plating setup and it works great. Gary

yoothgeye said:
I'm a sucker for a triple-tree, so that's my vote.

Copper plated triple tree forks would be awesome.

A couple of issues...the frame is aluminum so chopping and re-welding may not be possible by most folks here.

Also, whatever fork you choose to add....it better be super wide to fit this wheel and tire. :D

you're off to a good start with the parts you ordered.

while you're deciding on new bars, how about just chopping those down a few inches and putting the grips back on?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
you're off to a good start with the parts you ordered.

while you're deciding on new bars, how about just chopping those down a few inches and putting the grips back on?

+1!
Plus it would look baaad with the decals removed.maybe an etched copper headbadge?

i would get rid of that 4 inch stem and put something much shorter on it. The copper colored pedals would be cool and make up some copper fork braces out of some tubing.

Back