New California Guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Name's Ryan. I live in Hanford CA, not far from Fresno. Me and my wife went out and bought new Schwinn cruisers at our local bike shop and I loved it. I got to looking online and saw all the custom bikes being made and all the retro frames and bikes you can still find and started drooling! I am usually wrenching on my truck or cars, I have never built a bike and would love to start working on one. I am totally new at this and don't really know where to start, so any insight would greatly be appreciated. Awesome sight and looks like there are great people on here! Hope to get to know you all!

Hey Ryan welcome, I live in Old Towne Clovis, and am a newbie as well. I am doing a couple of builds right now. i am trying to find some sort of get together in this area, but seems as the big local show that use to be held at Simonian Farms was moved to sacramento and is now no longer in existance, leaving us in the CenCal high and dry. See you around......... Mo in CLovis, CA

I'm a newbie here, too and I can say these guys are really something else.

Welcome to the site. There is soooo much to take in.

That was a very nice intro, Ryan.

Thanks for all warm welcome guys! Currently searching for a nice frame or bike to start with, not much in my area that I can find LOL. I have a 26" WF frame on the way to build for my wife, just got to find me something now HAHA!

LOL....YES!! Well, I went up to modesto yesterday and picked up frame, fenders, springer fork, handlebars and a set of 26" wheels. Seems like I have most the big stuff, so what will I need to complete the build? I want to have everything before I start. I will post pics of the frame when I get home, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the year.

Welcome from Manteca..Got a cousin in your area..as for parts, keep your eye on Craigslist, lots of great stuff on there, and just go out and ride, you would be amazed at how friendly and helpful the locals can be.

Back