New Color(s) for Spring Break

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, here's another true story:
on the way to taking my 2 boyz to school, my oldest one asked me "why is this bike all black when the other ones have fun colors?" i said this is a "beater" and i use it for workout rides/utility reasons blah blah blah--he didnt care what i really said but then he proceeded to call it "BO-RING".
okay son, what color do you want it to be? he said just any color but not black. so i thought to myself, okaaaay...
before:
2901bd55.jpg

crappy china Schwinn Jag 5spd find on CL for $20, i added matte black rattlecan,bmx stem/bars/pedals,SERFAS grips--done.

afters:
c35d5a88.jpg

disassembled it, stuck it in the lawn, party tableclothed my grass, then...
a25c97bd.jpg

made the boyz put on masks, took out 6 diff colors of rattle with triggers, told them to take their time and not cross-blast each other, then...
6c1f7cf8.jpg

b6083a25.jpg

421e624c.jpg

b9203a90.jpg

e2272133.jpg

about 3 hours later this is the end result---i didnt do one thing with paint, they did it all, i left it as is and reassembled.

sorry so boring, and i dont know if the rest of you dads involve your kiddies with your projects so this was my first time.
i just thought this was a nice twist to what we all usually do and it was really really fun watching them.
i told them they need to make a nickname for the bike too, so we'll see---Dave
check it out, click the pic:

I love it man. As a dad also I think that would be my favorite bike in my fleet. Can't wait to get my kids involved in projects like that, my daughter is 3 and my son is 9weeks so I've got a few years before that day comes.

Awesome, dad! I used to do stuff like that whenever I could with my boys when they were little. It's always great to involve your kids like that, and letting them show their own creativity at the same time. On top of that, you have a great, constant reminder of something your little guys did for you. Good job, man. 8)

Back