New Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found this ...... black cruiser in a flea market... the guy want 50€ for it... gave him 5 ahahahahahahaha :D

3448v12.jpg

want to transofrm it in a 70's style chopper... still need to gather some info and ideas for it :D

i paid the right price :mrgreen:

i have some question for you guys... i do have rebuilt a lot of three piece crank, but never seen one like the one mounted on this china special cruiser... need some advice about how to dismount it and rebuilt it the right way...

also discovered that the front wheel is badly bent... matbe i'll swap the 26' with a 24 or even a 20 :D

Mugen_Stumpo said:
i paid the right price :mrgreen:

i have some question for you guys... i do have rebuilt a lot of three piece crank, but never seen one like the one mounted on this china special cruiser... need some advice about how to dismount it and rebuilt it the right way...

also discovered that the front wheel is badly bent... matbe i'll swap the 26' with a 24 or even a 20 :D

Looks like a standard one piece crank, remove the pedal from the left side, remove the reverse thread bolt, remove the washer, remove the reverse thread cone nut, remove the bearing and slide the crank assembly out. Pretty straight forward.

thanks... crank removed... found a destroyed bearing, i need to buy a new one .... :x

looks like the bearing cup on the crank itself is damaged too... i'll ask the shop what to do with it

Mugen_Stumpo said:
thanks... crank removed... found a destroyed bearing, i need to buy a new one dang :x

looks like the bearing cup on the crank itself is damaged too... i'll ask the shop what to do with it
Ouch, if you need crank bearings or cups I got a drawer full of them.

Mugen_Stumpo said:
thanks... crank removed... found a destroyed bearing, i need to buy a new one dang :x

My local bike shop sold me a complete Bottom Bracket rebuild kit....less than $9.00.

found an awesome stainless tell kit for the crank... it's already on the bike... not bad for 16€ :p

P.S. sorry mods, can you move the thread to the build section? thanks

Latest posts

Back