new departure model c slipping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i took the hub apart to add a few spokes. i greased the bearings put it back and now its slipping. it takes 4-5 pedal rotations either way to engage.....any ideals what i did wrong?

well, i fixed it but i'm not sure if its right. it looked like the clutch spring shouldve had a little bent piece sticking out. and the clutch sleeve has a slit that the spring fit in. well mine is broke so i bent a little piece and slid the clutch sleeve down on it. it works now. is that the way its suppose to be?

Yes, there is a tab on the spring that fits in the slot. I can send you a new spring but not until Monday when I get home again.

how much for a new spring shipped? thanks...and also on the c model is there suppose to only be 6 brass discs and 6 steel discs? looks like on there are alot more on the d model. thanks again

No charge for the transfer spring - glad to help. I can answer your question about the discs when I get home again and have access to my books.

Latest posts

Back